My washing machine spinner rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I just trash a washing machine today and I'm thinking to make a HPR with the spinner, should have a lot of drag and give a low and slow flight, I will remove it tomorrow to make measurement.

3204401.jpg

Gosh, it amazes me what people make rockets out of. Never would have thought of it.

What a clean looking rocket that will be. However, it's unusual shape might agitate some spectators. But I'm sure it will turn the tide for those few fellow rocketeers who aren't true believers that anything can fly. :D

It's called an Agitator. IMHO, that's a cool rocket name.

Awesome idea! I now wish I had salvaged that from the old washer we trashed a few years ago.

Very interesting idea. Please post a video of the maiden flight. I love the low and slow draggy rockets.

Thinking this would be the same concept as the office organization lazy suzan . But on a larger scale . Think it would work fine and be a cool design

No doubt that it would be a great flier, however designing a recovery system for it might be a challenge.

OP... you might want to rethink this... It looks like the Tide is turning. However, I hope that if you do launch it, it'll have a landing in a Downy soft place (and you can Snuggle with your significant other afterwards (perhaps watching the soaps together)).

No paint, just seal it. You wouldn't want to mix your flights with your coloureds....

Washing machine puns?
This is what we have been reduced too?
You will all spend eternity in Hell’s own Hot Water Wash for this with no fabric softener added to make things easier.

Yes; I’m just POed I didn’t get there first though I hope to put my own special spin on the topic.
And let us not resort to sopehistry.
Time now for another cycle of replies.

Last edited:
Washing machine puns?
This is what we have been reduced too?
You will all spend eternity in Hell’s own Hot Water Wash for this with no fabric softener added to make things easier.

Yes; I’m just POed I didn’t get there first though I hope to put my own special spin on the topic.
And let us not resort to sopehistry.
Time now for another cycle of replies.

I completely agree. Here I come for high end, high power rocket science and all I find is a bunch of comedians sudsing it up with all kinds of gratuitous and off colour humor that I dont' get more than half the time. Read the latest Electronic Rocketeer where the Oddroc builder, especially in high power, is encouraged to use computer simulation, smaller scale prototypes and swing testing. Do not rely on silly mindsims or hopesims. Use some good science and engineering. I think this one has a good chance of being a safe flying oddroc, but we need to prove the CP is no more than 2/3rds the way up, the CG is properly set for stability and there is enough thrust to get the job done. If a pair of bloomers pops out and it is called a proper chute then what are we do? Certainly the use of a pink brassiere drogue chute would be holely inappropriate. We really should find a detergent for such oddroc nonsense. Come on guys, roller out the borax humor and get back to black and white rocket science.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back