Wildman Hobbies now offers aluminum bulk plates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wildman's Is proud to announce we now have aluminum bulk plates in stock at a reasonable prices.
As a lot of you have known we have been playing around with making our own aluminum bulk plates and have been putting them in kits.
Well we are ready to let them loose to the general public at killer prices.
They are anodized black, with a single 1/4 inch center hole. "We don't want to tie you to one bolt pattern"
Here is the line up.
6" $25 each .187 thick
5" $22 each .187 thick
4" $20 each .187 thick
3" $16 each .187 thick
54mm $ 10 each .187 or .125 thick
We will get them on the website quickly

Last edited:
Tim, how thick are they?

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I got a set of these with my 3" wildman. Very cool. If anyone is worried about having to drill them out, fear not. It was a breeze.

I am definitely interested. Is there enough insert on the 54 mm bulkheads that they could be tapped and mounted to av bay coupler or nosecone shoulder/coupler via screws?

Got some pictures? And what couplers do they fit Fiberglass or LOC or...?

TA

Here are some of mine.

Raw and anodized black. 4in. they fit fiberglass tubes, don't know about others.

Just have a center nub/hole. You must drill others where you need them

DSCN2853.jpg

DSCN3273.jpg

DSCN3276.jpg

Why not G10, ala the KestreL? 1/8" stepped G10 bulkheads would probably be more than sufficient for 38mm, 54mm, and 76mm rockets, and 3/16" for larger.

Just a suggestion!

Looks great! Got a measurement of the inside lip diameter?

thanks

TA

ALA who, what is a Kestrel?
you can not make everybody happy.

Ala = "in the manner of"

KestreL was a high performance FG kit from 3 Dogs Rocketry.

Not looking to be made happy, just suggesting that G10 could be an option. Could wind up being cheaper and lighter, depending on what your raw material charges are. You can also make them comparatively thinner if you'd like:

38-54: 3/32"
76-98: 1/8"
>98: 3/16"

Sorry I mean the inside diameter of the shoulder so i can see how many different couplers it will fit with.

TA

Why not G10, ala the KestreL? 1/8" stepped G10 bulkheads would probably be more than sufficient for 38mm, 54mm, and 76mm rockets, and 3/16" for larger.

Just a suggestion!

If I had to field a guess, I bet aluminum is easier to machine than g10.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Depends on the machine... high RPM milling like with a CNC router spindle is NOT the way to go with Aluminum, the chips can melt and fuse to the cutter.

G10 machines quite nicely with the right equipment. I almost prefer it to plywood now- the parts require less clean up after the cut, tabs hold up regardless of location (there's no grain in G10), and the material sands easily to remove tabs and sharp edges. I agree, G10 would be plenty for the purpose. But, aluminum is sexy...

N

Back