What are your favorite Apps?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I don't just mean your favorite games, but what smartphone apps do you use on a regular basis that you would hate to live without?

Sure there's Speedway (our favorite stop for fuel, snacks and slushies), Hobby Lobby, news, weather, Twitter, Facebook and TRF, but what else?

Not necessarily in the class of can't do without, but would miss them:

SkyView: If we are outside at night at the sky is not too cloudy, we sometimes like to use the app to find planets, constellations, and such (Psalm 19:1).

AeroWeather: So I know the weather at airports near launch sites

Hi-Def Radar: For local weather

Convertizo: Unit conversion app; it's not great, but it's the best I could find for grams->oz conversions, etc

Grog Knots: How to tie knots; which has been helpful for rocket stuff

Greg

RealCalc is better than a real calculator. Pretty much the best app. (It has good button feedback, unit conversion, memory, constants, and supports Reverse Polish Notation.)

I'm old school so I have an HP15E emulator app
flashlight
googlemaps

Then there are the apps that come standard on most phones
Safari for web browsing
Clock with alarms, timer, etc
Music
Notes
email

I use Waze every time I drive anywhere. By far the most used app in my phone. I also use Audible every work day on my commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

ISS Detector,Stop watch and timer,NASCAR,NOAA Weather,Compass,Handyman calculator,Gas buddy, Flashlight---all free apps!!

Alien Blue (Reddit), Facebook, Google Maps, Spotify, ISS Spotter, Weather, Mailbox, Steam, 1Password, SimpleRocket (Technically a game, but i recommend it for anyone who likes space/rockets)

I like the one that turns off your phone when you're in the company of another and forces you to carry on a conversation, look them in the eye, etc.

Believe it's called "Respect".

I like the one that turns off your phone when you're in the company of another and forces you to carry on a conversation, look them in the eye, etc.

It's not in the Play Store. Amazon maybe?

Man oh man can I go along with this. I sell cars for a living and refuse to speak to or approach any customer who is on their "device", whether that be conversation or their head buried in the silly thing.

Likewise, I will only answer my own phone in the middle of a conversation if it is a)my wife or b)my boss, and only then to say "I'm with a (customer/friend/etc) , is it OK if I call you back?" to which the answer is always yes. Take less than ten seconds.

The apps I use the most often, in no particular order:

XKCD
7 Little Words
Shazam
1Password
AirWX

-Kevin

Aroundme - use all the time
Yelp - use frequently for restaurants and businesses
Amazon price checker - anytime I want to price shop an item

Back