RIP Robin Willams

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so sad. What is it with comedians who commit suicide?
I suspect the fact that they become comedians in the first place may indicate a strong need for approval by others, perhaps due to a bad self-image and insecurity. In some cases, their families have had histories of addiction and suicide problems, possibly indicating that it's at least partly genetic.

Buzz Aldrin, while not a comedian, was possibly searching for approval via another route. He comments about his and his family's problems in relation to Robin's here:

https://www.space.com/26813-buzz-aldrin-mourns-robin-williams.html

That seeking approval bit is a tough drug to kick. I think you hit the nail on the head Winston.

I have enjoyed his work very much and, like others, wish he didn't have to suffer so for his art. RIP

I can't help to speculate (no bad intent) but knowing what a compassionate and caring person Robin was, I wonder if all the tragic events and crimes against humanity going on around the world contributed to his depression. I know it bothers me.

I can't help to speculate (no bad intent) but knowing what a compassionate and caring person Robin was, I wonder if all the tragic events and crimes against humanity going on around the world contributed to his depression. I know it bothers me.

Or he had a chemical imbalance which led to this selfish self centered act... This should be a message that this is very real and social status really matter to this illness...

It was reported today that he also suffered from Parkingson's.

Latest posts

Back