Today is the day.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
I go for my stress test today. Woke up early,Im a liitle anxious. Went for walk with the dog to get things moving.
Not that its going make a diff,just figgured it be better than going in cold.
Even if your in the best shape,better to warm up before jumping into a full run.
Time to hit the shower and get going. Apt at 10:30am
Ill get back at yas later today,unless they admit me on the spot....:facepalm:

Chin up mate- It's all going to work out for the better now you're getting the attention you need. You know all of us at TRF have your best at heart and we're rooting for you. Hug the dog and promise him you'll be back. I swear a dog is powerful medicine. Keep us posted on your progress and if you need a rocket kit to make you feel better- let me know!

I had a chemical stress test once just had to lay there. After the test I was tired like I had just ran ten miles.

Wishing you the best outcome. Keep us in mind, we want to hear about your next build.

Don't lick any epoxy beforehand, and you'll be just fine.

Sending you best wishes, s6

Did you study for the test? :tongue:

Hang in there, Scotty!

They ought to hook you up to machines and present you the bill. No need for stress chemicals or treadmills.

Best wishes. Just had one myself a couple months ago. No big deal. Is your with or without radio markers?

Best wishes to you. You're on the right track now with the attention you are getting.
Keep us posted on your progress.

[video=youtube_share;dLfUgXcvq4g]https://youtu.be/dLfUgXcvq4g[/video]

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and all will be well. :y:

EPIC FAIL!!!!
I didnt get but maybe a minute or two into it and I was done.
At first is was an epic fail.
However,after I left the hospital where I had it done,we got home and I had a messgae to get to the OTHER hospital in town ASAP and get blood drawn.
What the deal is (doctor called at 5pm) and informed me that they(Card doc and PCP) agreed that alot of this FAIL is due to me being weak still from me ordeal and they dont feel there is a need to be alarmed to much about the condition of me heart. Not at least at this time.
The blood test confirmed that. (I guess,I dont know whether to poop or go blind at this point)
I told the cardiac doc that I wasnt going to be able to go too long as I knew my system was still down.Crap,I havent even been home a week yet.And to add insult to injury,I had to fast for this test.Being I shouldnt eat 3 hours before bedtime,I hadnt had a thing in me belly for energy for about 14 hours.Not a good thing.
When I was talking to me PCP this eve I asked her how long could/would it take for me blood/system to get back to normal.She said it could be up to 4 weeks or so..WELL THER YA GO THEN,GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I was ready to go out back and start digging the hole.:facepalm:
So, where I'm at...
I have an appointment tomorrow with PCP to go over things and get the facts straight!!!!! I also have an appointment Wednesday for an Echo.
Right now I just need to chill out . Again,I knew it was too early for this test.

Anywhoo...
Thanks for all the support,it means a sh!t ton to me.:grin:

Last edited:
Well it just goes to show that doctors make mistakes too; they should’ve never scheduled you for that test so soon. Stay positive and good luck with the PCP tomorrow.

Chin up mate- I swear a dog is powerful medicine. Keep us posted on your progress and if you need a rocket kit to make you feel better- let me know!
The hospitals now encourage people to have their pets visit. Sandy brought my boy "Kodiac" in to see me. Of course he had to "visit" alot of others.Actually,it was the same day the hospitals' therapy dog came.The dogs got to meet each other. It was cool. As far a the kit,thanks a bunch,but I do believe I just might have one hanging around. :wink:

Don't lick any epoxy beforehand, and you'll be just fine.

s6
Ya,I had to fast,so no licking.

Did you study for the test? :tongue:

Hang in there, Scotty!
HA,I am learning alot about the human body from going thru this ordeal.Ill be what they call an expert when all over an done.

Last edited:
Good, once you're an expert I'll have a few questions for you. :lol:

There are at least a few good things to take away.

1) Your Cardiologist and PCP are talking, and actually communicating in near real time about your condition. This is a good thing, and all too often not the case, so you have their attention (sucks the way you went about getting it, but here we are).

2) If they were deeply concerned, or probably even marginally concerned, they would have slammed you a** in the hospital so fast.

3) Echocardiograms are cool (again sucks you need one, but glass half full, chin up and all that other encouraging crap). Watch and ask questions it really is amazing what they can see.

In all seriousness this sounds like given the shock your circulatory system took that this is about as good as could be expected for this time. In that respect these are encouraging results. Take care, build a rocket (build thread optional, this time), and try to relax.

Glad you are still with us.

There are at least a few good things to take away.

1) Your Cardiologist and PCP are talking, and actually communicating in near real time about your condition. This is a good thing, and all too often not the case, so you have their attention (sucks the way you went about getting it, but here we are).

2) If they were deeply concerned, or probably even marginally concerned, they would have slammed you a** in the hospital so fast.

3) Echocardiograms are cool (again sucks you need one, but glass half full, chin up and all that other encouraging crap). Watch and ask questions it really is amazing what they can see.

In all seriousness this sounds like given the shock your circulatory system took that this is about as good as could be expected for this time. In that respect these are encouraging results. Take care, build a rocket (build thread optional, this time), and try and relax.
Glad you are still with us.
I have to agree with you.
Especialy with #1. The cardiac doc told me he was going to call my PCP pronto. And he did.Like I said,by the time I got home,the two had all ready talked and the order for a blood sample was out.
...and try and relax. Ya, this is very important. Its a tough order for me,being I have a history of anxiety. See that little doggie at the bottom of the page...well there ya have it. Im not as bad in me older years,but boy o boy,when I was young,WOW!!!
Anywhoo.Thanks for the input.
Being on TRF is relaxing and a feel good with all the support I have from yous all.

Last edited:
The purpose of the tread mill is to get your heart rate up to a predetermined value that is age dependent. Once you reach that target heart rate, they inject you with a radioactive tracer and ask to you maintain the heart rate for a minute after injection to get it to your heart where it will reside for a few hours. The doctors will then do a gamma ray image of your heart and you have to wait for 3 hours to have a second image. They then compare the image of the stressed heart versus the rested heart and look for differences which they claim are important. In any event, it blows most of the day.

It's one of many diagnostic they run for suspected heart problems.

Bob

Keep us posted on your progress.
OK then,heres where Im at..

Echo Gram ..showed no damage to heart or any signs of prior heart attacks. Pumping good. One valve leaks a bit,but they say no biggy.
Stress Test...Showed left side has one tube 40% clogged,they say not to worry at this point. 75% is when they go in.
It will be watched for the rest of me life.
Because Im still anemic,thats causeing me heart to go into hyper overdrive when stressed and the 40% clog does comes into play .Thats why I was getting me chest pains. And it could cause a heart attack at this point if Im not carefull.
If I was on top of me game,that 40% would not come into play.
For this, till I get me blood up,they put me on a beta-blocker and they also gave me some nitro in cause of emergency.
So, all in all,at this time,it looks like I came out in pretty darn good shape considering the rotten shape I was in.
Take it easy,chill,eat good and exercise "some".

:wave:

Again,THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!! :clap:
PS. They had me scheduled for a pulmonary test today,I postponed it 2 weeks, I read if you have an unstable cardio system,it can give false results.And not to take it if your getting chest pains.So,again,I said..NOT!!!!!

Last edited:
Great news, Scotty! It certainly could have been much worse...

Good to hear you escaped relatively unscathed Scotty. Now chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Woohoo!!!

That is about as good as you could expect, and more useful information about exactly where you are with your heart health than you had going into this. Now, just instruct your bone marrow to get on with the manufacturing process, and you;ll be all good in no time.

Good to hear you escaped relatively unscathed Scotty. Now chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
Yes,NOW I can chill. I was waiting for that (Echo results) last bit of news. NOW maybe I can concentrate on a build.
Funny (not really) how things on the mind can shut a person down.
I do feel soooooooooooooooooooo much better now.

Good to hear that things are as good as they can be for now. Keep doing what they tell ya and you should be OK.

BTW: Eat right, exercise, die eventually anyway......... Live everyday as if it were you last, we never know!

Gave another blood sample yesterday morn.
Saw the doc today and got good news.
She was actually impressed on how improved my blood levels are in only a weeks time.
Guess all that good food and iron pills paid off.
Still not top notch,but real close.And I feel better and stronger everyday. I feel I could use to put on a few pounds. I dont like being to thin,especialy the way I lost it. Its good to have a little to fall back on if ya get sick...I KNOW!!!!!
And winter is coming.(Did I say that out loud?)
I'm slated to go back to work the day after Labor day, Sept 2cnd.
Only issue, I have another pill to take :facepalm:...cholesterol.
So,anywhoo...:clap:

Back