Haven't been around for a while and there's a reason I am back...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Heart valve replacement. And might as well get rid of those old stents whilst I was open. So CABG as well..
Thank you to the one person that asked about me.

No prayers please. Science was what I needed. And thank goodness I got it.
If you want, donate to science research.

Should be at a launch next month! I might even start building rockets again...
:)

:w:
Woohoo! Welcome back Jeff! We missed you on the playa today but, having clicked through the photoset on Facebook, it definitely makes sense why you weren't there :y: Hope to see you at a launch soon. (Also, we're neighbors now!)

Glad to hear you're OK, science or not!

Welcome back.

Ari.

Science rules!

Bill-Nye-white-background.jpg

Glad you are on the mend Jeff. Looking forward to seeing you back at launches and reading your awesome reports and build threads.

Glad to have ya back !! I've got a bad feeling your gonna raise the bar on us -AGAIN- !!!!

Whoa! Seriously amazing what modern medicine can do, isn't it?

Good to hear they got you all fixed up!

-Kevin

Glad to have you with us Jeff - before and after your little time on the slab.
Can't wait to see more of your rockets and flight reports.

s6

Welcome back--- looking forward to your flight reports and build threads. Ive been working on photo quality, not anywhere near your skills yet but I think they are getting better.

Glad your back Jeff. Always loved your launch reports and builds. Stay well.

Glad to see you back!
Modern medicine and science are the best.

Yeah, I've missed your build threads, and I don't make rockets larger much larger than a BT-60.

Glad to hear yous ok. Sounds like you are good for another 100k. I go for my stress test tomorrow.

Last edited:
Serious stuff, glad you are recovering. Take it easy, photography can be just a rewarding as launching. This is the type of thing that makes you appreciate each and every day.

I wondered why you hadn't been posting, just didn't think about starting a thread about it.

Glad your not a dead rocket zombie!

I've known for years I would need the valve replaced.
It simply came earlier than I had wish/hoped/wanted. ;)

Like I said, I'll be back in a bit. Hope to launch next month.
Right now I am just getting back to work.
What did I do with all this time off?
I read a LOT of novels on the Kindle. Walked while listening to Mitch Rapp (the protagonist) novels.
Played video games (yup at 55 I am still a sucker for a good puzzler, tower defense, or strategy game)
Watched a lot of Modern Marvels. And of course a lot of sleeping early on. Percocet worked for me.

But did not venture into the shop. Why? I have a lot of rockets that have been ready to launch for 4 months, since May. To be honest it was depressing to see them all and know it would be months more before I could launch. And I did not need that.

Thanks all!

I will stress one more time... please try hard to quit smoking. I quit 18 years ago and it STILL came back to bite me in the arse when I was put under. Afterwards I had trouble oxygenating. Scary stuff and most likely cause is the crap on some of my alveoli in my lungs from 'you know what'. I was able with RT to work through it and gain full lung capacity back but it was a haul.
Look, I am not a doctor. So take it FWIW.

I wondered where you had gone and thought about sending a PM, like I did Eric Foster, because posting seemed like an invasion of privacy. Glad to see you back and good thoughts in regards to the procedure turning out a total success.

Yes to science . . . if I were to commit to any belief it would be intelligent design.

Heart valve replacement. And might as well get rid of those old stents whilst I was open. So CABG as well..

No prayers please. Science was what I needed. And thank goodness I got it.
If you want, donate to science research.

By "you know what" on the alveoli, I assume you're not referring to tobacco. In any event, no response needed. LOL!

On a more serious note, had you been having trouble with the heat out in the desert? I'm having trouble with the heat up here in NorCal but the cardiologists tell me my heart is fine (echocardiogram, EKG, Holter monitor, etc.)

Hope to see you back rocketeering and posting launch reports as soon as you're able. And the odd astronomy images are always welcome, too.

Welcome back Jeff! Missed you at ROCstock last June. Sharon's mom had a heart valve replacement last year and has had a full recovery. Miracles of modern medicine. We plan to return to the next ROCstock in November with a new travel trailer. Hope to see you then.

Jeff - glad to hear you're closer to getting' back in the saddle! Hope to see you at some launches this fall.

Back