Could use some Prayers... 1 week till surgery.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm heading in for surgery to fix my hernia on Friday (8/15). Doc doesn't like how my CPAP's settings are 13 years old, and I've not been able to get it recalibrated because insurance will diagnose it, but won't cover followups/supplies (my mask is 2 years old).

Could use some Prayers as they cut, stuff, and stitch me back up.

Stay Healthy!
Jim

I had hernia surgery in Feb after many years of denial and it was the first major surgery for me. It was much easier then I was expecting and it is so much better after the surgery. I should have it had years ago. The pain was not as bad as I expected and the recovery fairly rapid. Keep up the fluids after surgery even if you do not feel like it. I used a small foot ladder to help me getting in and out of bed which helped a lot. Its amazing how going from counting down from 10 turns into a nurse telling you are in recovery as if a switch was flipped.

Last edited:
Trust in Him who controls the heavens,
He who gives the clouds, wind and air
Their paths, course and track
Will also dind ways where you may walk.

I had three rounds of major surgery 15 years ago, it was very scary at the time. Stay calm, let the docs get on with their job and concentrate on doing what they advise, plenty of rest and fluids afterwards and try and eat well too.

Also big surgery takes a long time to fully recover from, it can take 12 months before the anaesthetics are fully out of your system.

Good luck and prayers are with you.

Mel

Best wishes sent your way. Relax if you can- I know it is tough. I went through hand surgery in May, and I was super stressed, but has turned out fine.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I don't ya brother but I'll pray for too! Been there, done that, it wasn't so bad.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

You are in our prayers. Keep positive thoughts. Think of the good part, about how good you will feel when it is all over.

Good luck and a quick recovery to you.

I had a double hernia fixed last year and it was really no big deal. Three days of being uncomfortable,then enjoy the vacation.

My only advice is, relax take it easy and keep ice on the area, it helps keep the swelling and bruising to a minimum.
Also maybe a cane or walking stick to help you get around the first few days. You will be quite sore,trust me.

Don't worry about the hernia repair surgery, I had it done about 15 years ago and it was a piece of cake. Also have had no problems since then. Surgeons do LOTS of hernia repairs so unless your surgeon is right out of school he could probably do it in his sleep.

Jim,
Not much of a praying man myself, but for what it's worth I'm sending all the best thoughts, wishes, and hopes your way.
Here's to easy and successful treatments, a swift and full recovery, and seeing you back on the flight line as soon as possible.

s6

Yes. Pay particular attention to the part about grain direction when cutting and using multiple coats of sanding sealer. :) I didn't and am gonna have a nice big scar on my surface. :D :facepalm:

Honest, if I had not been nagged to death by the Respiratory Therapist when I was having oxygenation issues, I might not be writing this. So FOLLOW directions even when they hurt or you don't want to.

JMO Best wishes
Jeff

Back