WILDMAN AUGUST SPECIAL"S NEW.... Wildman-Sport!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
THE NEW WILDMAN SPORT:

Lightweight tubing . SKY'S THE LIMIT!

Flies on most 24mm and most 29mm E's and up to 6 grain XL's!

Reg 79.99

BUT he's gone.....I'm putting it on August spec 49.99..........yuuup 50 bucks!

Check out the details here:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?62357-2014-Ten-years-for-WILDMAN-S&p=742631#post742631

Don't forget.... if you need them..... 12ft [4yrds] 1/4in Kevlar..... 15 or 24in chute [depending on what surface you land on] Aero-Pac motor retainer.....rail buttons!

Post 193 & 194

Attachments

• DSCN3348.jpg
    DSCN3348.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN3345.jpg
    DSCN3345.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I'll take one. It's not on the site. EDIT, found it just hard to find with all the other cool stuff.

Last edited:
Yes it is.... under then new heading. Wildman Kits......Sport ....... top of page...left corner.

Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 8.19.49 PM.png

Did you click the link above......"see details here"....OOppps LOL

Link to page is there in Wildman 10 yrs.... watering hole. I have a direct link to it there. Just click link above.:wink:

Here I'll do direct to website here too:

Order Here:

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?Class=463&Sub=1193

Price will be corrected, remember you don't get billed till it ships....he does it then......I guarantee!

when he gets back and is swamped with orders I'll let him fix it.LOL

Last edited:
Do I order on website and then you discount and then charge the discount amount to my card?

Last edited:
Saw the prototype fly at Bong July 26 on an Aerotech DMS I-205...

Wow - Just WOW! :cool:

You expect me to build rockets and follow directions, PLEEESE.. :facepalm: thanks.
Yes it is.... under then new heading. Wildman Kits......Sport ....... top of page...left corner.

View attachment 180684

Did you click the link above......"see details here"....OOppps LOL

Link to page is there in Wildman 10 yrs.... watering hole. I have a direct link to it there. Just click link above.:wink:

Here I'll do direct to website here too:

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?Class=463&Sub=1193

Price will be corrected, remember you don't get billed till it ships....he does it then......I guarantee!

when he gets back and is swamped with orders I'll let him fix it.LOL

Just a while back I had been wishing that there were more commercial offerings of thinwall/lightweight glass airframes - as kits and/or components. Most glass rockets are way overkill and heavier than they need to be - those that use the thinwall stuff (WildChild, Blackhawks, etc.) are great and really have a place. This kit is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of - I'll definitely be getting one (or two?).

Might this be the beginnings of a trend, with more thinwall options being offered? I hope so.
thanks Tim (& Jim!)

s6

Ok, so I went and got THREE of them! Arrived today nice and quick, with a small bit of "special customer attention" (thanks Tim/Jim).

I'll build one pretty much stock (with a little fin shaping of course), another as dual deploy, and the third will be a kit-bashing platform as yet to be decided. It will be a while until I build and fly these - got a couple of other projects in the fire at the moment - but couldn't pass up the great deal.
And these ARE a good deal - bare bones, just what you need, kits. Honestly, this is the way I like them due to the fact that I generally bash them a bit anyway.

I REALLY like the thinner wall "lightweight" tubing and, as stated before, I do hope this is the start of a trend in the industry. These type of kits will be just the right thing for a lot of flyers. A whole lot tougher than paper and plastic, but not heavy tanks, and not too pricey. Great for all around, "sport" type flying. The nose cone also seems sweet - again lightweight for a glass cone, and simple.

Great job developing and offering these kits, Wildman. All the rest of you kit/component suppliers take note!

s6

Its nice to see mid power capable High power rockets that do not use aerotech loc or pml nosecones. 'Sport' meaning fit and trim.

Also no spirals to fill so quick to finish .

How much does it weigh and how opaque is the new thin black tube?

Kenny

BTW, for those interested, the website has had the special price for a while. I just had to wait for word from Tim before changing it.

-Kevin

Whats the turn around time once ordered and then billed ?

Depends on where you're located, and the shipping method selected.

In my experience, Tim and Jackie get things out the door pretty quickly. Though I benefit from being only one day away in UPS days.

-Kevin

I ordered last Friday and haven't heard word yet, but that may have to do with Airfest

Bunch of them went out today..... and yes on our way to Airfest....parked in a truckstop right now.

Be back next tues-wed.

Last edited:
Ordered on the 25th,
Delivered to the door and found by the wife on the 26th,
Out of the doghouse on the ????????????

I tried not to buy one. I really did. but then I needed some motors, and a nomex chute protector, and the freaking thing jumped into my cart! it was so sad, there was nothing I could do...

Yeah... I am pretty sure wildman has some bug-- I mean "feature" on his website that reads your mind and allows the thing that you crave to jump into your cart, and it also makes it where you cannot delete it... :p

I used to have the same problem ordering from Semroc...kits kept jumping into the cart :).
Rex

These kits look to be the same size as the minis but for more money and don't have a parachute??

What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

These kits look to be the same size as the minis but for more money and don't have a parachute??

What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

they are a fatter 54mm body tube vs 38. Perhaps the mini at $45 is a better deal, it includes the chute and shock cord. I just built a mini and really liked the looks of the sport.

Back