Bugatti Super Car | National Geographic Channel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
When I was in the hospital I got to watch " Bugatti Super Car | National Geographic Channel". Truly amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!
If ya get the chance check it out. I like the part where they test the engine and there is so much heat coming off it,it started burning up their exhaust ducts in the factory...CRAZY!!!

$1.7 million will get ya one.
I wonder what the bank would say if I filled out an apt to buy the Veyron....:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
My son has a Veyron. It came straight from Bugatti.

Of course, it's a model. And no, I don't want to talk about what it cost. :eyepop:

They don't seem to have them on their website any longer.

-Kevin

Another cool fact about the veyron for those not in the know.

It actually requires 2 keys to get the max speed. The first is the normal key to start the car. The second goes into a slot elsewhere on the column and initiates all the safety checks/adjustments needed to actually go to max.

Also as a bonus fact: There is a rumor out there that they actually had to redesign the front grille after the first test run. In essence you had a bird through airplane windshield happen to it during a max speed run, so they changed the material the grille used.

My son has a Veyron. It came straight from Bugatti.

Of course, it's a model. And no, I don't want to talk about what it cost. :eyepop:

They don't seem to have them on their website any longer.

-Kevin
I've seen those, they're super expensive.

Time to be a downer. I HATE the veyron. 16 cylinders, four turbos, and yet only 1100 Horsepower? The Koenigsegg Agera R puts out 1100 horsepower with a v8 and two turbos, The Koenigsegg 0ne:1 puts out 1400 HP. The veyron is a straight line hero, it doesn't go around corners well.

If I had a spare 2 million, It'd go to Koenigsegg.

Braden

They are about to or have wrapped production of the Veyron. They are moving on to something even faster from all accounts. Likely the same engine, but with added hybrid system for even more torque ala the Porsche 918.

The Koenigsegg looks cool. I would rather have a Veyron, a Porsche 918, or the new McClaren.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
....and you could thank The Stig for its ability to corner every time you didn't go off the road.... ;)

-Kevin

Yeah, much rather have something that can win in a non drag race. Sign me up for the 918 camp.

If someone gave you a $1.7 million car, where would you drive it? Highest speed limit around here is 70. Not to mention...

Are you out looking for Junior, in his $175 junkyard special, with no license, no brakes, and no insurance? Or the soccer mom, with 7 screaming kids in one ear, a cell phone in the other, and a $100K liability limit?

Owning a car like that makes zero sense. If you gave me one today, I'd sell it tomorrow.

If someone gave you a $1.7 million car, where would you drive it? Highest speed limit around here is 70. Not to mention...

Are you out looking for Junior, in his $175 junkyard special, with no license, no brakes, and no insurance? Or the soccer mom, with 7 screaming kids in one ear, a cell phone in the other, and a $100K liability limit?

Owning a car like that makes zero sense. If you gave me one today, I'd sell it tomorrow.

You're forgetting that anyone who can truly afford a car like that can afford to fix or replace it due to junior and his junk heap.

-Kevin

They are about to or have wrapped production of the Veyron. They are moving on to something even faster from all accounts. Likely the same engine, but with added hybrid system for even more torque ala the Porsche 918.

The Koenigsegg looks cool. I would rather have a Veyron, a Porsche 918, or the new McClaren.

If you like fast, expensive cars and want to drive one, try Exotics Racing

My oldest son went to their Vegas track back in May, and loved it. To be honest, though, he said the best part was the drift laps.

-Kevin

I've seen those, they're super expensive.

Time to be a downer. I HATE the veyron. 16 cylinders, four turbos, and yet only 1100 Horsepower? The Koenigsegg Agera R puts out 1100 horsepower with a v8 and two turbos, The Koenigsegg 0ne:1 puts out 1400 HP. The veyron is a straight line hero, it doesn't go around corners well.

If I had a spare 2 million, It'd go to Koenigsegg.

Braden
I checked it out. Another amazing car.

I hear what ya saying,but this thread isnt really about is it practicial to own one here in hilly NH. More about what goes into making a vehicle like this. From building the plant,,the test track, special designed tires,cooling,ect.

You're forgetting that anyone who can truly afford a car like that can afford to fix or replace it due to junior and his junk heap.

-Kevin
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ginda like owning a HPR and having nowhere to launch it....makes no sense at all to someone thats short on coin.....:tongue:

Last edited:
I seem to recall reading about some oil guy in Texas having a private track built. IIRC, it was 11 miles of professionally designed and built road so he could drive his exotic cars.

That makes sense.

Used to commute thru Livermore. Always knew when there was a car show in Pleasanton, cuz Friday afternoon I'd see people driving around in their beautiful show cars. We're talking magnificent automobiles. Didn't make sense to me. Never mind the $$$, that's insured... Let's talk about the years of blood and sweat it took to restore a '57 Bel Aire rag top.

And here comes Junior, in his junkyard special...

No thanks.

I seem to recall reading about some oil guy in Texas having a private track built. IIRC, it was 11 miles of professionally designed and built road so he could drive his exotic cars.

That makes sense.

Used to commute thru Livermore. Always knew when there was a car show in Pleasanton, cuz Friday afternoon I'd see people driving around in their beautiful show cars. We're talking magnificent automobiles. Didn't make sense to me. Never mind the $$$, that's insured... Let's talk about the years of blood and sweat it took to restore a '57 Bel Aire rag top.

And here comes Junior, in his junkyard special...

No thanks.
Me-self..I get just as much of a kick out of a RAT-ROD or a RAT-BIKE. Not saying I wouldnt like to own one of those cars.

Yeah, much rather have something that can win in a non drag race. Sign me up for the 918 camp.

The Agera is one of the best handling cars in the world for track use. Look up Superspeedersrob on YouTube and watch his agera r video.

918 is cheaper though

Braden

And the 918 is likely a better car that handles better than the Koenigsegg.

The Koenigsegg was too fast until the sent it to Top Gear and the Stig crashed it. He recommended a wind to increase downforce. Remember this my fellow car mortals- The Stig of that time was Michael Schumacher- one of the greatest F1 drivers in history. If he could not handle the car something was seriously wrong with the design.

Mark Koelsch

Mark Koelsch

I'd rather just have the money and farm with it until the money's all gone (farmer humor). Goes along with how to make a million farming; start with 5 million :facepalm:

Adrian (actually things aren't too bad in the farming world right now)

And the 918 is likely a better car that handles better than the Koenigsegg.

The Koenigsegg was too fast until the sent it to Top Gear and the Stig crashed it. He recommended a wind to increase downforce. Remember this my fellow car mortals- The Stig of that time was Michael Schumacher- one of the greatest F1 drivers in history. If he could not handle the car something was seriously wrong with the design.

Mark Koelsch

Bolding relevant part: Thought that was all a joke. There was actually a court case over all that relating to the person who was the actual Stig at the time writing an autobiography about his time as the Stig. He DID do one segment though, but it was not the Koenigsegg.

I stand corrected- I thought he was the Stig for more than one episode.

I still say that every person who has been the Stig can totally drive. I then still declare the original Koenigsegg as having a significant design flaw without the wing. Cool car though

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry For

Last edited:
The Koenigsegg was too fast until the sent it to Top Gear and the Stig crashed it.

This is irrelevant data, not only was that before they put a spoiler on it and set the new top gear track record, that was a Koenigsegg CCX, produced 7 years ago.

If you still doubt the handling capability of any currently made Koenigsegg...well

[youtube]SywqgH7n-5g[/youtube]

Braden

This is irrelevant data, not only was that before they put a spoiler on it and set the new top gear track record, that was a Koenigsegg CCX, produced 7 years ago.

If you still doubt the handling capability of any currently made Koenigsegg...well

[youtube]SywqgH7n-5g[/youtube]

Braden
And to think,I thought the "Thunderbird" I used to own handled good.....:lol::lol::lol:

Back