Use (not abuse) of the apostrophe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little grammatical education from The Oatmeal

Sadly, our media seems to be utterly and completely clueless about this.

-Kevin

Don't you mean to say, "Lets hope this helps"?

(and yes, I do know the correct answer).
s6

Apostrophe??

Wasn’t he one of those evil Goa’uld’s from “Stargate SG1”?

Well the great thing about English as a language ( even the version you colonials use :) ) is its flexibility and adaptability.

That's why it's survived. It can take in words from other cultures and languages, adapt, change, describe almost anything.

Languages which become too rigid in their structure and grammar tend to die out.....Latin for instance. Rigid sets of rules make the language inflexible.

I know people get grammer errors but we can at least all understand what they are on about, Latin errors are a lot tougher to sort out and that didn't help the Romans keep the empire running smoothly. Well that and the lack of a zero in their numbering system which makes life very hard for admin people. Once the admin are confused in any situation be it the loval grocery store or an empire then the end is nigh :)

Well the great thing about English as a language ( even the version you colonials use :) ) is its flexibility and adaptability.

. Once the admin are confused in any situation be it the loval grocery store or an empire then the end is nigh :)
That completely explains why Vons, the grocery empire, has survived-no apostrophe and they use zeros! Thanks Mel!

The waiver is not high enough

I am going Contractionaire

This year's events include a full day of semi-colons!

Sent from my Mobile Leash using the handy dandy Rocketry Forum app-thingy.
There's a joke in there somewhere about colostomy bags, but's it not very 'funny'. See how I worked the apostrophes in that?

Back