Im alive and kicking,thank God!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wife had quite an ordeal as well...

Teddy
ABSOLUTLEY!!!

We have about a 6-7 hundred -foot drive and its easy to miss. You cant see our place from the road.After she got off the phone she ran down the drive to make sure they found/got the right place.
Now,a little bad or a lot of bad on my part,We have been here 12 years and for 12 years Ive been saying "I need display our house # at the bottom of drive in cause we ever need an ambulance. Go figure,dumb ass on my part.
Good thing she had the thought to go down below and wave them up. I needed help in a hurry and that (time saved) could have made a BIG differents.
The #s will be posted this weekend.

Last edited:
Eating lots of spinach may also be a good idea. Check with the doctor.
Yes it is good. I have even better in my garden..KALE!!! Also,drinking cabbage juice is tops...never tried it and dont think Im going to....LOL.

Scotty,

Sorry to read about your ordeal. Glad you are on the mend.
We want to see you at a CMASS launch as soon as you can get there.
You and me both brother,you and me both.
Even before this,the lower back is whats kept me from going to any launches. Just cant make that 3 hour trip either to CMASS or MMMSC

DOOD! I'm shocked! What an event that musta been. Sorry to hear you had it so rough.

NOW!!!

You better buckle up and fly straight, cuz you don't want me to hafta come up there and do somethin you wont like.:gavel::rant:

Also,drinking cabbage juice is tops...never tried it and dont think Im going to....LOL.

I don't think I would want to drink that either, BUT a missionary friend once made me some cabbage soup (with potatoes, and other stuff in it) that wasn't half bad. A good recipe makes all the difference. Being German, we also like cabbage friend up with some noodles and a few of us like saurkraut. Those might not be as good as cabbage juice but they have to be better than not eating it at all.

Scotty I'm glad to hear your ok. Sounds like it was a close call. I had a nephew die on his bathroom floor from the same thing. I felt real bad for his wife. She held him for his last breath. Sounds like the same could of been for you. Take care and heads up Scotty.

Whoa Scotty, scary stuff. At least your on the mend. Get better quick , your in Debs and my prayers. You did'nt have to cut out the Fark-n-ars and marshmellons did you??

Damn, we're lucky that we've still got you around, Scotty Dog. We're stronger with you, than without you...

Speaking of Spinach... when last I gave a pint of blood for the Red Cross, they told me I was almost borderline low on iron...and recommended an increased diet with iron...and to check with my doctor. I immediately started taking an iron supplement, and ordering grilled liver and onions once a week, and adding SPINACH to every sallad and Subway sub.

I'm not feeling as weak now, and will be giving another pint in about three more weeks.

I'm suggesting that you check with your doctor before altering your diet, but there's a lot to be said about having red meat in your diet, or guarding against depleted iron.

Last edited:
If the pain is going down your legs you may want to see if the Doc will write you a script for Lyrica. it is a non-narcotic designed for nerve pain. It knocked the pain down twice when I pinched a nerve in my neck and again with a herniated disk in my lower back.

Glad you survived and are doing better. Give the wife a free pass to do some shopping for saving your butt. :)

Glad your feeling better. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Prayers up, and glad your still around.
So what kind of zany rockets will be inspired by this turn of events?
Tom

Glad you made it thru what sounds like one heck of an ordeal. I almost passed out on the crapper about a month ago due to dehydration from a stomach bug. I had visions of my wife finding me on the floor with diarrhea and puke everywhere. Scary. Take care of yourself buddy and get better.

Scary, been there in a different way, had a massive thrombosis about 15 years back after I was discharged from hospital from major surgery. Coughing up blood in a not good way. Emergency trip to hospital, had a stroke, bleeding on brain, heart valve failure thats stuff aint good. The doc told me afterwards they woildnt have bet a dime on me pulling through, partially paralysed on left side for six months afterwards so a really worrying time with two small kids.

I got through it and am sure you will too, for me it made me reevaluate my life and make changes to make my life better so these things often have a bit of good in them. When you really think you might die it does bring a lot of stuff into focus and you van often seem to see things better, whats important and whats just drek in your life.

Good luck in your recovery and get well soon.

So what kind of zany rockets will be inspired by this turn of events?
Tom
:facepalm: REALLY! Actually,your not too far off thinking that.While I was in,I mentaily built a few rockets useing all the different med suplies.Pill,drink cups,tubes,shringes,ect.

If the pain is going down your legs you may want to see if the Doc will write you a script for Lyrica. it is a non-narcotic designed for nerve pain. It knocked the pain down twice when I pinched a nerve in my neck and again with a herniated disk in my lower back.

Glad you survived and are doing better. Give the wife a free pass to do some shopping for saving your butt. :)
I was on that years ago for idiopathic neuropathy.
..when last I gave a pint of blood for the Red Cross,.
OMG,Thank You for bringing that up..that was one thing I didnt do and wanted and should have done ,is mention (huge bad on me) GIVE BLOOD!!!!!!!! I took 4 units when I was in.Thats 4 units they dont have now for the next ER patient.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're okay... May I recommend you read up on Dr. Sarno and his treatments for back pain and any pain? You should never mix certain medicines and IBUPROFEN and Motrin are the same thing Motrin is just the brand name... So if you take 2 ibuprofen new now don't take two Motrin... Feel better drink lots of water and get back to building rockets

Remember cracked discs and back pain are normal very normal in fact if you go your whole life without any pain or cracks and disfigurement to your back at all you're abnormal..

Back