Problem with staging in RockSim 9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAHagen

Reaction score
So last night I was designing a new High power two stage rocket that I might build once i get my lv. 1 Cert. I build the entire thing in RockSim, and then went to do a couple simulations on in and it says that the rocket is so heavy it cannot even get off the pad. I First started with H motors, the I motors, then finally, J motors and still nothing! :pc: Then I transferred the file over the OpenRocket, and the design file, with no modifications, worked. Has anybody else had this problem?
Open rocket snip 2.jpgOpenrocket snip 1.jpg

I have never had that happen.

If you post the file, I would like to check it out to see if I can figure it out.

instead of putting the delay in the booster motor, put it as a 0 delay and put the value into ignition delay of the sustainer motor. For recovery, use a value of x seconds after staging in the deployment page. This annoyed me for a while til i worked it out.

you are also getting 'nan' reported when i run the simulation. This usually means that one of the components has a zero or negative weight assigned to it.

Last edited:
Hey it works! The fins were set to a custom material with a mass of zero. I changed them to G10 fiberglass and it's now showing altitude! Thank you! :D

Okay so i'm running into another problem... It's not about staging though now. It's about the stability analysis page in RockSim. When I go to open up the stability analysis page it only shows me a rear view of the rocket with no stability info. There was another thread about this on TRF but the last post was from the author saying that he emailed apogee and he would post their reply when he got it... That was in June... :p if you guys are still watching, I would appreciate the help.
here is the photo of the stability page:
stability page.JPG

Back