Q2G2s OUT of PRODUCTION ????????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does if your objective is to punish the rocket community for winning a lawsuit. :wink:

EXACTLY... these big gubmint types never lose... they just shift strategies to get the same thing they want by different means... Seen it all before, in various types of gubmint interference... ESPECIALLY in my field, agriculture...

Later! OL JR :)

I can make my own igniters.

...which illustrates precisely how ludicrous the BATFE's "regulations" are.
What you do is you take a short piece of Chore Boy stainless steel scrub pad and ......

I agree. My igniters burn hotter and light the motors better than Q2G2s. I just need to get them to light easier.

I agree. My igniters burn hotter and light the motors better than Q2G2s. I just need to get them to light easier.

I primarily used the Q2G2's for my deployment charges. Finding a way to make something that lights just as easily would be awesome!

I purchased this https://www.space-rockets.com/newbook.html about 11 years ago. In it the author, John Wickman, describes in detail how to make rocket igniters using both ANCP and APCP formed around nichrome wire which has been coiled around insulated lead wires. I have made several of these and they work just fine. Since neither ANCP (ammonium nitrate composite propellant) nor APCP (ammonium perchlorate composite propellant) are on the ATF's annual list of explosives why not use these?

No formulas were revealed in this post and no animals were injured during this posting.

I recently e-mailed AeroTech about the Q2’s and according to them they hope to begin shipping late Oct.

We can all say a big "Thank (or insert profanity of choice) you" to the idiots who used model rocket igniters for non-friendly purposes. The BATFE responded the only way they know how, with overreaching, needlessly restrictive regulation. It's an agency that is out of control and has been for decades, and one that needs to be pruned WAY back, if not totally eliminated.

Back