Estes GeoSat LV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

race 58

Reaction score
I have an Estes GeoSat LV I'm getting ready to build.
When I got the kit the body tube and the SRB tubes had been damaged so I bought new tubes and cut them to size as you can see in the picture.

So the parts are all laid out along with the baffle I'm going to use, not sure yet if I'm using the one you see from Sunward or the Semroc one I have that will fit as well.

Before the build starts I have my next decision to make. Stock 18mm single motor, (3) 18mm cluster, 24mm or a mount that will do all three???

So a little more research is needed and hopefully some input here.

Original damaged tubes on left new ones on the right.
14809571871_0329d8fa55_z.jpg

Parts laid out
14626028719_0af2e26757_z.jpg

Thanks
Ed

Subscribed :pop:

I have a Ventris that I'm thinking of modding into a Geo Sat. More later as I get one or two (dozen) current projects closer to done.

Last edited:
What a fun project! Could I trouble you to please post the measurements of the nose cone? I'm drawing up the MX Missile kit for 3d printing and I could use the length and diameters of all three sections of the nose cone (which is the same). It would be greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to post here when ready. The kit has a lot of plastic parts but the only one I have still yet to get is accurate dims for the nose. Thanks!

I'd be willing to create a .ork file for the Nosecone Library if I could get a clear photo (side view) and measurements. The transition too if possible. I'm not interested in trying trying to create an accurate payload though.

Last edited:
I will get what you guys need and post it later today.

Looks like I'm getting buried in projects again.:facepalm:

Ed

Lot's of "stuff" going on here yesterday and today so I'm a little delayed in posting what you want but soon, very soon.

Jim,, I posted the decal measurements in the other thread where you asked about it.

Ed

Back