Estes Ventris Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD

Reaction score
Alright, here is where I am at so far.

I have decided on a zipperless design, and used the body tubes from an Astron Ecliptic to make an ejection baffle out of the coupler. (4 tubes, similar to a car muffler)

The interiors of nosecone and transition are used to supplement payload space. Instead of the elastic I will be using 550 paracord for the recovery system.

I have left off the rear centering ring (It will be installed later) so I can apply glue fillets to the fins on the inside fuselage and the engine housing. I have also left out the forward engine retaining ring. (This is supposed to allow for larger engines?)

To my knowledge, this approach addresses most of the gripes I have seen and read about with this particular rocket.

(The ejection baffle has two eyelets because putting one in the center looked to be too weak, and only one on one side looked asymmetrical. One extra eyelet isnt going to hurt this monster anyway.)

WP_20140802_10_30_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20140802_10_27_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20140730_19_04_52_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I use a 2-56 nylon screw threaded into the nose cone shoulder(through the tube) to secure it for flight.
Rex

Alright, she is built sanded and filleted. Now its just a question of what paint scheme to use...

WP_20140802_19_35_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20140802_19_37_10_Pro.jpg

Red and black sections are painted, sanded, and re-painted for a smooth finish. I'm entertaining different ideas about the center.

Right now I'm leaning towards a black and white checker pattern its entire length, with the word "Ventris" stenciled up one side

WP_20140803_10_14_57_Pro.jpg
"

Back