V2 kits available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morlock

Reaction score
I'm getting excited about building one or a few V2 model rockets. I am aware of the Estes V2, but I would like to compile a list of V2 kits available from different companies.

I'm asking for your help to compile this list. If you know of a V2 kit that is not in the list bellow, please post a link of the company's v2 kit page!

Note: rockets are put in the power category of their lowest recommended motor (motor info in parentheses).

Low Power kits:

- Aerospace Specialty Products V2 kit
(1/2 A to A, 13 mm)
- Aerospace Specialty Products V2 kit
(A to C 18 mm)
- Estes V2 kit (C to E, 24 mm, spacer for 18 mm)
- Noris Raketen 20 mm A4 (B and C, 18 mm), Website in German
- Noris Raketen 45 mm A4 (C, 18 mm), Website in German

Medium Power kits:

- Aerospace Specialty Products 24 mm V2 kit
(D and E, can be adapted down to B and C, although the Weight/Thrust ratio becomes very low)
- Apogee Components 2.25 in. V2 (C to F, 24 mm)
- Apogee Components 4 in. V2 (G to J, 38 mm)
- LOC Precision 3.90 in. V2 (F and G, 38 mm)

High Power kits:

- LOC Precision 5.38 in. V2
(H to J)
- LOC Precision 7.51 in' V2 (K to M)
- Madcow Rocketry 4 in. V2
(54 mm)
- Madcow Rocketry 5.5 in. V2
(54 and 75 mm)
- Polecat Aerospace 4 in. V2
(F to J)
- Polecat Aerospace 7.7 in. V2 (H to M)
- Polecat Aerospace 10 in. V2 (K to N)
- Wildman 4 in. V2 (54 mm)
- Wildman 6 in. V2 (75 mm)

Out of production kits:
- Estes Maxi V2

- Semrock V2 (A to C, 18 mm)
- Centuri V2

Keep the suggestions coming!

Last edited:
Wait a sec... The Wildman 6 inch is MPR? Is it made of unobtanium? :p

ASP (Aerospace Specialty Products) makes three different sizes of V-2 (along with a lot of other nice scale models). All of their kits are top notch and the customer service is excellent. Andy has been serving this hobby for many years.
https://www.asp-rocketry.com/store/category.cfm?Category=175&StartRow=1

+1 on the Aerospace Speciality Products versions. They are accurate to scale and are made from high quality materials...and Andy DOES provide excellent service! The kits are rather small, but nicely balanced.

Cheers,
Michael

Since you have other HPR kits on your original list, Madcow has a great 4" true scale fiberglass V2.

I removed the HPR limitation. All kits are welcome now and I'll organize the list in LPR MPR and HPR.

If you think about a kit that should be added, please include a link to its page on the company's website.

Last edited:

V-2 4" Dual Deploy Upgrade

Planning on big motors for your 4" V-2? If so, you need our dual deploy upgrade option to keep it cloes to the pad on recovery. This upgrade contains

2 aluminum av bay bulkplates
Fiberglass vent bent

What's a fiberglass vent bent? Directional ducting??? :dark: :confused2: :neener:
Keep it cloes? :eyeroll:

Adrian (Wildman unofficial unpaid webpage proof reader)

I have one from Centuri that dates from the late 60's or early 70's (I'm guessing it's a 1971 model) that I picked up from my old band teacher back in 83.

9515475544_5b54584572.jpg

Semroc made one: https://www.semroc.com/store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=XES-K22

V-2-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, more options for LPR!

Sort of. Notice that he said "Semroc made one." Past tense. Semroc is temporarily out of business but has been sold and will (hopefully) return so that we can see kits like this again.

Sort of. Notice that he said "Semroc made one." Past tense. Semroc is temporarily out of business but has been sold and will (hopefully) return so that we can see kits like this again.

One *MIGHT* be able to pick up the Centuri and Semroc versions on eBay or in a collection though.

Thanks John for clarifying. I was wondering, "What thread was that tidbit in?" or "How'd I miss the 'Semroc's New Owner' announcement?"

Back to the thread at hand.

My favorite V-2 kit was the Estes Maxi V-2. They still pop up from time to time on eBay.

Greg

Semroc is temporarily out of business but has been sold and will (hopefully) return so that we can see kits like this again.

Whoa. How did I miss that bolded part the first time I read this?

That's Awesome News!

I can't wait to see 'em back in business! :cool:

I added an 'out of production kits' section for the nostalgic :)

Semroc return........nothing would make me happier rocketry wise....hope this is true!

Dave

Does anyone make a V-2 kit designed specifically for 29mm motors?

Dennis

Would be nice to see the Estes maxi brute back in production.

I had one of the early ones back in the late '70's. Barely made it above my cottonwood tree in the front yard on D12-3's. A bonus delay killed it. Man I wish I knew there were bigger motors than the D12 back then...

Adrian

Back