Dual Deploy G-Force

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep get a coat hanger bend a really small hook. Pull it out from back where motor hook at If i Got too i can make a Video or pictures. If anyone has troubles

Last edited:
I've been working on color and clear coat, and purchased parts to build the av bay. I did get my ematches today.

View attachment 180094

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Something to consider. Your next batch of ematches, you may want to order with longer leads.

And here is the reason. For electronic deployment, the best place to put the firrst ejection charge is on top of the motor (like a motor ejection charge would be) and then you chute protection, and then the chute. The reason for this is with the charge placed like this, you'll not only get separation when the charge fires, but it that will also help push out the chute. With a short ematch, your charge will be in front of your chute, and you won't get a "push" of the chute itself. And that can make a difference. It's better to have the ematch wires too long (wrapping of cutting works) than to have them too short.....

Last edited:
I agree, and plan to order longer ones next time for my drogue. However they work perfect for my main ejection where I need them short.

I agree, and plan to order longer ones next time for my drogue. However they work perfect for my main ejection where I need them short.

"short" is fine for the second charge, as the best location is just on top of a coupler based alt bay. Then the chute protection, then the chute, then the NC. Again, it pushes the chute... And if you are flying DD, make SURE you understand SHEAR PINS when it comes to the second charge. You want to build in a way that the NC stays in place UNTIL the 2nd charge fires. And that is "shear pins" shear when you want them to! In flight, you might not see the problem as both shuts pop, but you will notice if they pop at the same time! (they shouldn't)

I got a question on the g force my buddy has the same one when his rocket landed it broke the part where it goes into the fin lock right on the line where it looks like it could be snapped off like the mirage an cheetah on the fins is there away to fix it or just epoxy the fin back on he still has too fins still good when he built it he used alot of epoxy on motor mount. Where you have too cut it out of the body tube

Last edited:
Back