Dog House Rocketry Introduces a Drill Guide for Body Tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waywayanda

Reaction score
Dog House Rocketry has added a Drill Guide Tool to aid with drill holes into your body tube and center rings.

Over the past couple years we have had numerous requests on how to hand drill straight holes into center rings and how to fix holes that were drilled at angles that caused rail guides to not be aligned. We developed this simple to use tool to help drill straight holes. It also helps to keep drill bits from "walking" on tubes and flat stock. Guide is approx 5" long and it comes with steel guides/inserts for 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" holes and an instruction sheet. We can also make custom steel guides for fractional and number drills - just contact us.

It works on 38mm coupler and larger body tubes. It will fit between the fins on 3-fin 38mm body tubes and 4-fin 54mm body tubes. It will not work on 29mm and smaller body tubes.

Drill Guide Tool Overview.pngJig-4_Align_drill.jpg

Any questions please ask.
And thanks to those who tested the prototypes.

Now that looks like a great idea Bill,,,
Dummy proof,,,
A straight hole into a centering ring that's easy enough
to mess up if your not entering straight with the drill.....

I'm a tool nut as it is.....
That's a really cool item......

Teddy

Why? Why must you add a neat new toy right after I order?!

Bad Bill! ;)

This is just so simple it's kinda obvious once I see it. Well done, Bill -- quick and easy to use, and pretty much foolproof.

-Kevin

Perfect option for me as I don't have a drill press, just hope the shipping is reasonable to Canada!

The shipping Price will be reasonable.....

The time will not be,,,

The transit time to where you are in Canada will be directly according to
how many times they have to stop to let the sled dogs rest........ lol
And how many blizzards they encounter on the way..... lol

Teddy

The shipping Price will be reasonable.....

The time will not be,,,

The transit time to where you are in Canada will be directly according to
how many times they have to stop to let the sled dogs rest........ lol
And how many blizzards they encounter on the way..... lol

Teddy

Don't forget the Polar Bears and building an ice hut to sleep for the night takes at least an hour.

That's just too funny Michael,,,,
I got a good chuckle off of that one...

When you hear the dogs barking off in the distance,,,
they are less then a day away...... lol

Teddy

And it's very reasonably priced!

I just ordered one along with a "thread insert tool." I've got some rebuilding to do that will require drilling about 20 holes for threaded inserts.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Ooooh! I need one!
No, I need two!
This is really a great idea, I'll have to get my hands on some!

Why? Why must you add a neat new toy right after I order?!

Bad Bill! ;)

This is just so simple it's kinda obvious once I see it. Well done, Bill -- quick and easy to use, and pretty much foolproof.

-Kevin

My thought exactly.:facepalm:

Very nice. I will have to get one. Similar concept as a tool used to drill straight axle holes for Pinewood Derby cars.

I saw this on my phone at lunch, couldn't wait to get home to order. Ahhh, now I am better!

I tested an early prototype and can attest to the fact that this is a highly useful product!

Holy Mackerel! Just got home from work and the orders have been overwhelming! I didn't expect this kind of response. And, Thanks for all the nice comments! I am going to need to get a restock order put together tonight as the first run is not going to last long.

Your business is appreciated.

@ troj
Sorry, dropped your previous order in the mail this afternoon before I saw this order when I got home.

@rstaff3
Yeah, the current version is the fourth version of the tool. I have tried to roll as many comments in as I can and still keep it economical and not loose money.

@ troj
Sorry, dropped your previous order in the mail this afternoon before I saw this order when I got home.

@rstaff3
Yeah, the current version is the fourth version of the tool. I have tried to roll as many comments in as I can and still keep it economical and not loose money.

And the answer to my question in post#4 is???

The answer to post 4 question is in the original post....

It works on 38mm coupler and larger body tubes. It will fit between the fins on 3-fin 38mm body tubes and 4-fin 54mm body tubes. It will not work on 29mm and smaller body tubes.

It's kind of embarrassing to build a nice rocket, and then get crooked rail guides. I have one like that, and not for lack of trying. Thanks for helping us workshop challenged people.

Just in time for my build - thanks and ordered! (Hopefully you have enough left)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Order from the UK being placed. I like this a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I have used mine on every build since I got it (I was involved in testing) and it is a very helpful tool!!

Back