Can you help me find Open Rocket - on my computer!?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramper Al

Reaction score
OK, so the combination of Open Rocket being something slightly different than a "Program" and the fact that in my hands the Windows 7 search capabilities are somewhat limited, I can't locate and open my copy of Open Rocket. It has been a couple of months since I used it, and any search finds too many other rocket-related files so I never find Open Rocket. Can someone tell me where it resides on your computer, or some other way I might track it down? I promise I will put a shortcut on my desktop, if possible.
Thanks!

OK, so the combination of Open Rocket being something slightly different than a "Program" and the fact that in my hands the Windows 7 search capabilities are somewhat limited, I can't locate and open my copy of Open Rocket. It has been a couple of months since I used it, and any search finds too many other rocket-related files so I never find Open Rocket. Can someone tell me where it resides on your computer, or some other way I might track it down? I promise I will put a shortcut on my desktop, if possible.
Thanks!

Uhh, you'd be best off searching "My Documents" or Downloads or whatever Windows has for the OpenRocket file.

Then, move the file itself to your desktop: don't make a shortcut.

Assuming you have the latest release, you are looking for this file: OpenRocket-14.06.jar

Open explorer and search in the top right.

.jar*

It'll search for all jar files, program's anything and all for Java. You will 100% find it this way.

This way is incase you've renamed or accidentally changed the name of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Latest posts

Back