Largest Diameter Height Mid-Power Rocket kit Available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheepdog

Reaction score
The largest I have been able to find is the Aerotech G- Force 4" diameter by 60".
There are many longer rockets but with smaller tube diameter. Public missles and
Mad Cow have larger rockets but they are High Power. Any suggestions appreciated
I have search wide and far.

Thanks
Kevin

Keep Calm and Launch On
40+ Fleet

The largest I have been able to find is the Aerotech G- Force 4" diameter by 60".
There are many longer rockets but with smaller tube diameter. Public missles and
Mad Cow have larger rockets but they are High Power. Any suggestions appreciated
I have search wide and

The limiting factor is going to be the 3.3 pound mark all loaded up.
Much longer than 60" and 4" and you're going to go over. Mini maggs are 5.5", but quite short and most people have a hard time keeping them under weight.

You should be able to scratch build something slightly bigger, but not by much that a G80 will lift

Ok that's what I figured...Oh well appreciate the URL's have been looking at the Magg,
and the Fantom is almost identical to the G-Force size wise.

Thanks for the feed back...Just wanted to insure I did not miss anything
that may be available out there.

Kevin

How about tall and skinny ? Fliskits Richter Recker: https://www.fliskits.com/products/01prod_fs.htm

If clusters don't flip your switch you can mod it with a single 24 or 29mm mount for the AP mid-power motors.

BTW I agree with Diz, your limiting factor is the 3.3 pound weight ceiling for class 1 rockets. The LOC catalog page has the Fantom (w/o motor) coming in over at 3.625 lbs. (58 ounces) .

Last edited:
I'm partial to the Aerotech Mirage for large mid-power. It's majestic on the pad.

Could always go multiple motors if you wanted to go big and stay under cert level.

Could always go multiple motors if you wanted to go big and stay under cert level.

Two G80's. Still looking at having to be under 3.3 pounds and about the same size. They'll put a 4" bird that weight about 1700'

I am 2.5 years into my pledge never to purchase from Apogee Components again after being treated like I was as significant as a gnat after my initial order from them. That order was over $400, by the way. But if one of their Saturn V kits came on the preowned market I would certainly consider it.

It is 5.5" (Max) diameter and a touch over 62" tall. It's designed to be built just under the limit and fly on a G64. It is the largest mid-power kit that I can think of.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I'm partial to the Aerotech Mirage for large mid-power. It's majestic on the pad.

Doh! Yes, of course, a very good choice.

I am 2.5 years into my pledge never to purchase from Apogee Components again after being treated like I was as significant as a gnat after my initial order from them. That order was over $400, by the way. But if one of their Saturn V kits came on the preowned market I would certainly consider it.

It is 5.5" (Max) diameter and a touch over 62" tall. It's designed to be built just under the limit and fly on a G64. It is the largest mid-power kit that I can think of.

Cheers,
Michael

Well for that matter, an Estes Saturn V is usually available on Ebay at various price points.

Going for the biggest MPR sounds an awful lot like getting an entry-level L1 rocket. Why not just do that?

Later!

--Coop

The Estes Mega Der Red Max fits the bill too. Great kit.

Back