Rocksim Compatability (Win 8.1)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool...I need to rebuild my workstation and figured I'd just drink the freaking Kool-Aid.

Hmmmm..

Dual 3.6GHZ Xeon
64GB of RAM
2TB of Disk (Raid 5)
Nvidia Quadro Graphics

I wonder if that will be enough.

A lot of people don't like the "Metro" side of it, but IMO there are enough improvements just on the desktop side of Win 8 that makes the upgrade worthwhile. It's easy enough to hide "Metro" if you don't like it. I find on my desktop I only see the Metro start screen when searching for something. On my touch laptop, I use it constantly. If run into any problems or have questions, PM me.

I've been running 8.1 for about a month now. There a pros and cons in my world. It's not as loathsome as I originally thouhgt. Right now I have two 27" touchscreens on my desk that is kind of a neat experience.

Cool...I need to rebuild my workstation and figured I'd just drink the freaking Kool-Aid.

Hmmmm..

Dual 3.6GHZ Xeon
64GB of RAM
2TB of Disk (Raid 5)
Nvidia Quadro Graphics

As a system admin I am envious of your computer. I am not sure there is much of anything you couldn't run on the beast.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Has anyone tried any versions of RockSim on Windows 8.1 x64?

I'm hoping my legacy v8.x will work.

Yep. No problems at all with v. 9.

Hmmmm..

Dual 3.6GHZ Xeon
64GB of RAM
2TB of Disk (Raid 5)
Nvidia Quadro Graphics

I had Rocksim version 8 for many years with my old XP machines. When I upgraded to Windows 7 and 8 it no longer worked. I contacted Apogee and they informed me that RS 8 or earlier will not work with Win7 or 8. I think they charged me about $40 for the upgrade. Well worth it! Bought RS7 for $99 around 10 years ago, they gave me a free upgrade to 8 when it came out. So $40 for the upgrade was well worth it. I've got my money out of it many times over!

Give Apogee a quick call. They can verify you bought the original RS 8 over the phone and get you hooked up with an upgrade right away.

Jerome :)

Hmmmm..

Dual 3.6GHZ Xeon
64GB of RAM
2TB of Disk (Raid 5)
Nvidia Quadro Graphics

What for?

I will eventually make something similar, but probably a single socket instead of two.

I currently have a 750ti driving a 4k 24-inch monitor, but I primarily do photo editing and programming on it so I don't need much more for now.

Back