3D printed parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie64

Reaction score
My 3D printer will arrive tomorrow a da Vinci 1.0, does any member here have any experience using that printer? If so and any other 3D printer, do you have any STL files for rocket parts. What I am specifically looking for are centering rings, motor mounts, nosecones for 18mm and 24 mm. Thanks, here are some files I have found and wish to share.

View attachment BT50_Concept4_1q.stl

View attachment D12-7_body.stl

View attachment D12-7_nose.stl

View attachment Engine_cap.stl

View attachment MAKERBOT_ROCKET_LAUNCH_PAD_ARM.STL

View attachment MAKERBOT_ROCKET_LAUNCH_PAD_BASE.STL

View attachment MakerRocket_A_Helo_Model.STL

View attachment MakerRocket_A_Helo_Model_BOTTOM.STL

View attachment MiniRocketCone_A.stl

View attachment MiniRocketCone_B.stl

I have recently been using a 3D printer myself. I do not have any STL files I would like to post at the moment.

I also do not have experience with your printer but 3D printing has a large learning curve. Just start with some calibration prints to determine what your machine likes and dislikes.

Thanks, the LTV Scout Nose will be perfect for an upscale Mars Lander type rocket I am building. Here is centering ring for a BT-80 body tube, 24mm motor. Using SketchUp and Meshlab, made oversized on purpose, but with a little sanding it fit well. I know this is a very simple model, but it is my first besides a golf tee that I constructed myself.

View attachment CR8024.stl

I have all of the parts for the LTV Scout that I really need to post. They are sized for the scale rocket but I was hoping to size them slightly differently in order to work with readily available tubes. This kit Estes used a series of unique tube sizes. It's on my todo list. Right now I am working on the removable plastic fin unit that Estes used for the MX Missile, Titan II and Gemini Titan. Almost done.

Do you use an acetone vapor bath for smoothing? If so which method do you use? Will be looking for your other offerings.

Those designs are superb - good job, guys!

Would one of you be interested in a request? I've lost all 4 cluster bombs out of my Estes BLU-97B kit. (Darn tall grass...) I'd like to get some kind of replacement item, perhaps a simple hollow, stretched hexagonal capsule with a ring to tie a streamer on to. The outside details (bumps, etc.) are immaterial.

Would someone be willing to make those? Of course there would be compensation. I imagine I'm not the only person in this position. If you're up for it, give me a quote here or via PM.

Example:
BLU-97B%20Cluster%20Bomb.JPG

TIA!

Hey Dave, check your PM inbox when you get a chance. I left some information and contact methods to get a hold of me and we can talk about your project!

The Estes Saros? I have the parts on Thingiverse. Search for PNC-20ED.

Awesome. I was looking to do my nosecones this way as well. Good to see someone else has the same idea. Although with the speed of my printer, just sanding down a balsa block may be faster. :)

Back