Freedom Launch 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the frustration, but it is posted on our launch schedule for 8 months.

Just to clarify: As a TMP member, You can not fly research motors on our field. You can fly from the high power on research days with the help of your mentor, but you can not fly research motors. You must be a level 2 to fly a research motor.

I am not saying that your mentor can not fly your rocket with a research motor, but it must be flown in their name.

Last edited:
Look, I respect the club's position on the Commercial/Research debate, I didnt mean to start anything. But I just cant see how being research precludes it from being a "Family Launch".

The NAR side wants to keep it like it currently is setup. That is end of story. That is the way it is. We share the field and this launch.

If folks want a different setup, form a club and find a site to launch. If you want all the TRA launches, we can bring it to a vote.

I am tried of the arguments. If you want another prefect, I am willing to step down in a heart beat. I am tried of being one of the few to setup and clean the equipment.

Last edited:
Guys,

You have to understand. Being prefect is a lot of work. Heck, I do not even get to launch as much as I want.

We can not meet everyone's needs or wants. Some want all launches to be commercial with no research and others want them all to be research. I love research motors. I bought a 23 ache farm to test them.

As long as I am prefect, there will never be 12 launches a year that are all research. I do not have the time or ability to run 12 launches a year. If you do, step forward and run for prefect. I will welcome a replacement any day.

Volunteers?

Everyone, if you can, please fill out the following form. It takes less than a minute to fill out, and it will help me when I write the launch report. Currently I have two submissions (one of them mine). I would like to have at least 10-15 minimum.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KYKL_WeUCOYzo10FOFCOjGvH87B2h_26w8p6p_PIASY/viewform?usp=send_form

I put in about 6 or 7 of my planned flights

Chuck I appreciate your hard work, anything I can do to help just holler, I will be there Sat around 11am and will be staying until Sunday afternoon.

Thanks a ton.
I put in about 6 or 7 of my planned flights

Chuck I appreciate your hard work, anything I can do to help just holler, I will be there Sat around 11am and will be staying until Sunday afternoon.

To those who aren't able to fill them out on the computer, run by my red EZ-Up (I will be there Saturday and Sunday), and I will have paper slips there with the same info.

See you tomorrow!!

I will be packing up the car until about 2300 tonight... :p

Also, for anyone interested, check my Facebook page (link in siggy) for updates and pics throughout the day.

Congrats to boosterdude on his L3 cert!

I flew land steak and my loc onyx. Land steak flew perfectly. The onyx not so much... :(

10628449_318517318321068_5111846850189737631_n.jpg

Here is a bad picture of the wreckage on my onyx... :(

RRC3 data from Land Steak.

flight data.PNG

Attachments

• Land Steak I210.rff
    4.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Chuck,

Nice event, wish I could have stayed longer.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I shot my Dual Deploy GForce on an H128W, it was an awesome flight, at least in my opinion.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409488295.837396.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409488326.059417.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409488326.059417.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 57
I shot my Dual Deploy GForce on a H128W. It was an awesome flight at least from my perspective.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409488742.054294.jpg

Back