Freedom Launch 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Whose coming?

I'll be there with:

Land Steak on an I300 Sugar motor.
Misled Priorities on an H226 CTI skidmark
Demon and Dopey on an H250G to an H100 (may change)
Necessities of Life on a J435 (Thanks Jim Scarpine)
Land Steak Jr on a small H

Again, Hannah and I are offering our Rocket Motor Cleaning Service. Also Rocket Recovery.

Also, I will be writing up a flight report for ROCKETS magazine. If you are interested in being in it, please fill out the following form. It will save me a ton of trouble writing it up.

Freedom Launch Launch Report Submissions

So, who's coming?

Last edited:
I will be there fully loaded!! And for those concerned, Matt took his TMT test yesterday and only missed one question. It happened to be the one he crossed out the CORRECT answer and chose the wrong answer. Congrats Matt!!

I'll be there again this year launching a modified PML Tethys on a large I. You may remember me from the two previous Freedom Launches as the only guy without a canopy tent. :) This is a great launch, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Blackbrant thank for working with us to get a good mentor for the 2 stage. Look forward to flying with you.

I'll be there with my usual assortment of Tomahawks and whatever else I can fit into my car.

We are considering attending. Looking at the calendar, I might not have time to get any of my rockets ready. I don't recall Labor Day sneaking up on us like this before! But, I'd love to get some photos and videos of the launches using my R/C quadcopter.

-- Roger

Just bumping this up. I really am trying to get more responses for the Launch Report. It takes a minute or less to fill out.

Also, I decided to grab a Loki I210 and a Loki H144 as well... Can't wait to burn 'em at Freedom Launch.

Finally, if anybody here casts 38mm EX motors, I would love to fly them. PM me if interested.

I plan to be there Saturday and Sunday. Plan to fly the Tres mount Oversize Der Red on 3 H motors, The Maiden flight of My Up-powered Estes Hi-Flier on an I205 with the New Alti-cone dual deploy from MissileWorks and if it is finished a 4 motor outrigger cluster of BP C motors with timer based ejection. I will bring a few others to fly too.

I’ll be attending. I’ll be flying a LOC Ultimate on 7 G-80 single use motors (if I can get it finished in time). I might also be going for my level 2 using my Wildman jr. I’ve got to pass the test first. If I don’t get my level 2, I’ll have to fly the Ultimate on 6 G-80s and one F-something. 7 place’s it just into the J range. I modified the kit by covering the BT with a carbon/fiberglass sleeve and making carbon fiber fins. This was more for esthetics then anything else. Black carbon fiber fins, neon green/black sleeved body tub, and a gloss black nosecone looks great.

I’ll be attending. I’ll be flying a LOC Ultimate on 7 G-80 single use motors (if I can get it finished in time). I might also be going for my level 2 using my Wildman jr. I’ve got to pass the test first. If I don’t get my level 2, I’ll have to fly the Ultimate on 6 G-80s and one F-something. 7 place’s it just into the J range. I modified the kit by covering the BT with a carbon/fiberglass sleeve and making carbon fiber fins. This was more for esthetics then anything else. Black carbon fiber fins, neon green/black sleeved body tub, and a gloss black nosecone looks great.

Nice. I like clusters.

If not I am sure Doyle will have a cluster or 2. :y: :wink: Just kidding, but his flights tend to be entertaining.

I plan to fly at least one large rocket. If I have time, I will fly several smaller ones.

Not that one. It is not done. I moved and have a nice workshop. I am installing AC/heat this weekend and will finish the sledgehammer this winter.

Bridgett is starting her level 3 this winter also.

I would also like to offer liner removal services free of charge to anyone needing it. Don't beat your liners out with a hammer, just ask Brent or Charlie. I have the tools for any 54,75,or 98 motor. Come see me if you need them. If you have a bigger motor and a forward bulkhead, I can still probably hook you up!

I'd be interested in knowing what condition the fields were in at the last ROSCO launch. Issues in going were abundant, so I couldn't make it. I'm always watchful for the Freedom Launch, but I have to obey the weather gods when temps and humidity are off the scale for me. O'burg is definitely on the calender.

I'd be interested in knowing what condition the fields were in at the last ROSCO launch. Issues in going were abundant, so I couldn't make it. I'm always watchful for the Freedom Launch, but I have to obey the weather gods when temps and humidity are off the scale for me. O'burg is definitely on the calender.

To further this note, I found an online calculator for heat indexes. I took this nifty tool, and used it to fill up the blanks on a standard given chart. Every thing in blue, is what is off the charts. Granted, some of these indexes may never happen, but I have experienced heat indexes that were off the chart. It's worthy info for aging rocketeers that have issues with intolerable heat.

Heat Index Chart.jpg

Attachments

• Heat Index Chart.jpg
    Heat Index Chart.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 73
I want to know if I need to join the rocketrysouthcarolina club to be able to post on there web sight. I pm a person who I thought would be more help but never responded to my pm. Thanks for any help Bill

Bill,

I responded back. I think you have a spam filter issue. You never activated your account.

Starting to pack up today!! I will be at the field early Saturday morning.

Right now it appears the weather will be somewhat favorable, especially on Saturday, so I booked my room this morning. For anyone staying at the Days Inn, I highly recommend you bring a can of Lysol and bug spray for spiders. It's also known, that gnats despise the smell of Vanilla and dryer sheets, so you might consider pinning a dryer sheet to your cap/hat and splash some vanilla on before hitting the field.

I am unpacking and repacking the trailer. I need to clean the launch rails. I am tempted to limit sugar motors to the old launch rails.

Sounds like y'all have some fun stuff planned!! Exciting sounding clusters and what do you have cooked up, Tom??

Unfortunately, with MUCH regret, I will not be attending this year. So freaking bummed! We just moved, we have our wedding coming up and have things to do related to that this weekend so it's just not in the cards. I wanted to at least put my Ultimate up on (7) F15's, but I guess it will have to wait until fall.

But next year, IT'S ON! I'll have new projects ready by then and not the "same old same old". Planning for LDRS, too!!! Have fun dudes. Cluster one for me!

Back