Freedom Launch 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowpuller... I may have gotten a pic of the liftoff on that... I will check tonight. See me at the red EZ Up halfway down the flight line.

Blackbrant I was only there for a few hours yesterday, but I would love a copy of the pic if you got it.

So many rockets, so little time, and money.

Hey Matt, tell your dad that that email he sent of the pic of LW and I never made it in. My IP has had issues lately and prolly the culprit. BTW, it was great meet you and your family this weekend.

Around 3:30 on Sunday, there was an odd flight. About 100 feet in the air there was a detonation that looked similar to the explosion photo below (but with white smoke). But the rocket seemed to continue without affect. It didn't sound like it was a staging malfunction. Was there really a malfunction of some sort, or was that a deliberate aerial effect?

maxresdefault.jpg

Jim Scarpine's starleopard apparently spit the smoke grain. He was flying an M2200 from AMW. I believe the youngest Haislip got a pic.

Last edited:
Okie doke. Please pardon the quality of my vids as I am using a 14 year old Handycam. One of my best flights at Freedom Launch was the Arapahoe F on an F26-6, built with BT-80 airframe. I made a brand new X chute for this one at around 32". Since my Arapahoe F weighs in at a whopping 14 oz., I quickly discovered that I had way too much chute for this bird. It took forever for this thing to touch down, and when it did, it landed in the bed of a PU truck on the flight line. I was really lucky that the winds were dead calm for that moment, because I'm certain it would have drifted completely out of sight with some of the occasional winds we had this weekend. Link is below.

https://s343.photobucket.com/user/glbyrum/media/ArapahoeFAugust2014_zps0769f4c3.mp4.html

If anyone has contact info for Jim Scarpine please PM me.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Good launch. Just got home. Look forward to the next one. I am starting to hear again. Little ringing left.

NSL will be in Orangeburg in May. We need to raise some funds to get ready. Anybody have any ideas?

Chuck

Good launch. Just got home. Look forward to the next one. I am starting to hear again. Little ringing left.

NSL will be in Orangeburg in May. We need to raise some funds to get ready. Anybody have any ideas?

Chuck

If the next launch is as hot as this one you could make a killing selling Ice cold drinks, water and Gatorade mostly. I know I was happy to fork out a dollar a bottle, for water from the sons of confederate veterans. would of paid 2 bucks for Gatorade.

And thanks Chuck it was a great launch.

Here is my second flight of the Dre Drei Max
[video=youtube_share;mj4wxXff-aI]https://youtu.be/mj4wxXff-aI[/video]

Blackbrant: You can post them to our website if you do not want to make them public.

Hmmm... that is weird... I could have sworn that they were made public. Lemme work on 'em. And I will also upload them to Rocketry SC website.

Just bumping this up. I really am trying to get more responses for the Launch Report. It takes a minute or less to fill out.

Also, I decided to grab a Loki I210 and a Loki H144 as well... Can't wait to burn 'em at Freedom Launch.

Finally, if anybody here casts 38mm EX motors, I would love to fly them. PM me if interested.

I flew 2 rockets this past weekend at Freedom Launch - neither was extraordinary. Do you want data on an H motor launch of a single deployment Miranda and a G motor in a Phenolic Tube Fin based on a Loc Aura?

I want anything. I currently have about 15 submissions. I need at least 50 or so in order to write up a decent report.

Also, did anyone get a picture of my demon and dopey 2 stage flight on sunday at about 1410?

Matt, I didnt fly the rocket I submitted, do you still need me to fill out the form on the 2 I did fly???

Matt, submissions done. Can you please check and see if you have any of my Pro 24 or 29 hardware or spacers? My short term memory is gone. Besides that, my short term memory dont work so well anymore!!!

The only things I borrowed from you were a 29mm 40-120 case and closures, and a Pro-29 closure and 2 spacers. Other than that, everything else was mine.

Back