Freedom Launch 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common', I just moved and I will be there. I will be moving for 12 months.

I know, I know. Excuses, excuses... Luckily "the wife" supports my habit...er...hobby. We just need to be frugal for now and that unfortunately excludes 3 hour trips to O-berg and rocket motors:(

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I would like to take the Level 2 exam and have my Level 2 cert flight during the Freedom Launch this year. Do I need to make arrangements with an exam proctor and flight witness ahead of time, or should I just take care of that when I arrive at the field?

Thanks!

Sounds like y'all have some fun stuff planned!! Exciting sounding clusters and what do you have cooked up, Tom??

Unfortunately, with MUCH regret, I will not be attending this year. So freaking bummed! We just moved, we have our wedding coming up and have things to do related to that this weekend so it's just not in the cards. I wanted to at least put my Ultimate up on (7) F15's, but I guess it will have to wait until fall.

But next year, IT'S ON! I'll have new projects ready by then and not the "same old same old". Planning for LDRS, too!!! Have fun dudes. Cluster one for me!

I challenge you, whoever you are to an "Ultimate" drag race, see my post above, #15.

Next year let's do it!! I was definitely referencing your planned flight when I mentioned clusters above:) I've been wanting to do three sets of (2) G125Ts, airstarting in rapid succession (ground start, 1 sec, 2 sec) and firing up a big, longer burning motor last. Bang-bang-bang-woooooshhhhhhhh:)

Take pics and vids please, dudes!!!

Does anyone know of any issues getting satellite lock on the field?

Question...
Does anyone out there going to Freedom Launch have a device that has successfully hooked up to an Eggfinder? I would like to use it if possible.

Thanks!

Either 0830ish or 1130ish. We may visit a new member of our family in Charlotte on the eay down. Why?

Either 0830ish or 1130ish. We may visit a new member of our family in Charlotte on the eay down. Why?

Sat is a late start usually. 12ish or so, I was looking to set camp around 11-11:30, or so. I have no idea what time LW is showing up, so I could use a hand at getting my canopy set up. Hope you have a minute or two two help me out.

We will see you there. No late start. I will be on the field by 9.

Sat is a late start usually. 12ish or so, I was looking to set camp around 11-11:30, or so. I have no idea what time LW is showing up, so I could use a hand at getting my canopy set up. Hope you have a minute or two two help me out.
I will have a moment to help you out... :p

We will see you there. No late start. I will be on the field by 9.

Sweet. Dibs on first launch... :p

Blasphemy. Every rocket can be drag raced. How big is it upscaled to? What size motor?
Drag racing a Gyroc? With what? It does have rear deployment with the motor mount, so it comes down in two pieces. But it's not your average drag racing kinda rocket.

Just for clarification: Not all rockets can be drag raced at the field in orangeburg. You have to add the motor impulse to figure pad distances. Add several Ms or Ns and you quickly run out of field.

We have 5 clean 1515 rails and 7 clean 1010s ready to go for non-sugar motor flights. I also have 1 new unistrut.

Hi everyone,
I would like to take the Level 2 exam and have my Level 2 cert flight during the Freedom Launch this year. Do I need to make arrangements with an exam proctor and flight witness ahead of time, or should I just take care of that when I arrive at the field?

Thanks!

If you are Tripoli, there will be several of us capable of administering the test , myself included. Look me up. Including Alan Whitmore, Chuck, Tom Binford and Michael Gunter

You guys enjoy and have fun!

Looking forward to some nice pics and vids :)

Really? I could have sworn that somebody said it was a 3 day research... :confused:

No one who was in leadership of the launch. This is a joint NAR/TRA launch and our NAR members want a family launch the first two days. I suspect it will never be a three day research launch.

I understand their point and support it.

Back