ON SALE!!! Painkiller Micro!! With FREE!!! 24mm CTI 6G Case & Closure!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just take a Dremal tool with the sanding barrel go around MMT a few times and it will go right on. I have done this many times.

Yes it MUCH easier to fit the Aeropack to the MM BEFORE the MM is installed, a couple turns on a belt sander and your done. I prefer to make it a bit loose so the JB Weld actually does what it made to do. If the fit is to tight it acts like a friction fit rather than a bond between the Retainer and the MM.

Typically the first thing I do is aeropack to MMT and lower CR, before anything else is done. Only reason I didn't when I built my PKM is I didn't wanna wait for a retainer, and felt OK with friction fitting it for awhile.

Like Gary said though, MUCH easier to do it first.

52 minutes for ship an order WTF Gary is simple the fastest

gt_zpsff38d3a8.jpg

I will try something different for the fillet. I will make a build tread

There are still a few PAINKILLER Micro's left & YES they still come with a FREE CTI 6G Case & Closure.

IMG_20140731_191758_575_zpsa010f4d0.jpg

See the 1st post for more info on the kit.

Just finished my Painkiller Micro today. Planning to fly it next weekend with RIMRA.

Painkiller Micro.jpg

Can someone who has finished theirs publish the mass (or a rocksim/open rocket file)? I'm very tempted on this, but want to play digitally first.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Can someone who has finished theirs publish the mass (or a rocksim/open rocket file)? I'm very tempted on this, but want to play digitally first.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Mine was 17oz. Light epoxy on the fins, but I did put an eyebolt in the nosecone.

you may have to check the.ork as it was an underscale version of the Painkiller 3" . I just wanted something close for my delay. I put an overall weight. a more precise one will need to weight individually all the parts .

I may order another one and build it with a 29mm motors mount. I fell this little beast can take more than a G motor. lol

I launch mine with a F240 and 9 sec delay, it was dam sexy, next time I will try 6-8 different CTI 24mm reloads.

Any feedback on what motors and delays are best?

I loaded Gerard's ORK file into RockSim, and added profiles for the 8 24mm 6Gr motors available on Apogee, as well as the 24mm reloads from AT (I think the 40 size, maybe the 60...don't fly them that often, so I'm not sure which case they use, and can't remember what case I have).
painkiller mini sims.jpg

I loaded Gerard's ORK file into RockSim, and added profiles for the 8 24mm 6Gr motors available on Apogee, as well as the 24mm reloads from AT (I think the 40 size, maybe the 60...don't fly them that often, so I'm not sure which case they use, and can't remember what case I have).
View attachment 185842

can you post the .ork so I will not need to do it myself, you need to go in advanced to post a file

Finally got to launch my Painkiller Micro ... three perfect flights. Started with a low and slow E20 ... which only proved it needed a kick in the pants! Second flight was an F32, followed by an F44. Need a bigger field before I use the 6 grain Cesaroni motors!

Had a perfect day of flying yesterday. Onboard and ground video of several flights here--the Painkiller is the 3rd launch in the sequence.

[video=youtube_share;Va5JaC-ag6E]https://youtu.be/Va5JaC-ag6E[/video]

Just finished my Painkiller Micro today. Planning to fly it next weekend with RIMRA.

View attachment 185697

Gary, I sent over an order for one last week. Did you get it? paypal was sent. Tim Thomas

Tim,
Yup I got it on the 25th (Sunday) and your kit shipped the next day on Monday. I'll send the UPS tracking # again once I get home tonight. Thanks!

Back