"Discontinuity in rocket body diameter" warning on my patriot Open Rocket file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morlock

Reaction score
I have created an Open Rocket file for the Estes Patriot rocket. The file can be found here:

EDIT: The problem is now solved and the file IS NOW OK.

https://github.com/enormandeau/SPAG/raw/master/open_rocket/estes_patriot.ork

However, I get the well known following warning: "Discontinuity in rocket body diameter" for that file and I cannot find how to get rid of it. The warning does not prevent me from using the file to do simulations with different motors, but before I submit it officially, I'd like to get rid of it.

If some of you with more experience than I have with OR would care to have a look at the file and tell me if I did an obvious mistake, I'd really appreciate!

Last edited:
the problem lies in your forward tube coupler its' outside dia. is larger than the inner dia. of the body tube(forgot to look at the other couplers).
Rex
er, nope that wasn't it...beats me (though your shock cord packed dia is over large too)

Last edited:
Fixed. Just had to click the 'Automatic" measurement on the nose cone.

Cheers!

Wow, that's one useful button I had not understood! I tried to match everything manually...

Thank you :)

EDIT: The link to the file above has been modified. It DOES NOT have a problem anymore.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I've been fighting with this error forever in OR and I think it's worth bring it up again. Using Automatic for the base diameter of the nose cone has gotten rid of the error on everyone of my rocket sims.

Super old reply just came across this. Check your couplers also =)

I found it shortly after posting that. The issue was with the nose cone. I clicked the option for Automatic for base diameter and the warning went away.

Good info on the couplers. Haven't run into that one yet but I'm sure I will.

Back