Who if Anyone Purchased What's Up Hobbies?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenstarr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So the title says it all. Seeing how Jack has retired I'm going to make the assumption someone has purchased his remaining inventory. Hope it's not a dumb question, just something that has been kicking around in my head for awhile. Does anyone know what he has done with his stock? In case your wondering NO I don't want to become a rocketry vendor.
Thanks.
-Ken

I don't know that Jack sold all of his inventory, but I put a very large dent in my current and future budget when he was selling things for a discount the last time he was down at ROC in Lucerene Valley.

Don't know, the last time I saw him was at DairyAire. Just about all of the HP motors were gone, as was most of the hardware. He had plenty of kits and building supplies though, so it would still be a viable business for the right person.

This was posted in another thread------------------

24th January 2014, 08:14 PM #28 leadingedge
Morning all! Excited to announce that all Polecat kits are back in production! The site should be up soon and kits should be in stock by early Spring. Feel free to email me directly if you have questions [email protected]

That's just the kit side of things.

The difficulty in replacing someone like Jack is his dedication to the hobby and his willingness to travel far and wide to attend launches and make product available on-site.

There are a few folks who do what Jack did -- give up pretty much every weekend to attend launches.

-Kevin

Thank you everyone. That answered my questions perfectly! +1 on what troj said about Jack's dedication. I'm proud to have personally done business with him three years in a row.
-Ken

Jack only sold Pole-cat, website listed above. He still has inventory for sale ( motors, kits, hardware and supplies) email him for what he has left. He is selling it all off. I too am always impressed with his dedication and knowledge.

I'll have to check,, maybe he has some 38mm cases. Do I use the email contact on the site or something else directly to him?

Jack only sold Pole-cat, website listed above. He still has inventory for sale ( motors, kits, hardware and supplies) email him for what he has left. He is selling it all off. I too am always impressed with his dedication and knowledge.

Jack bought and owned Polecat Aerospace (may have been Skunkworks) for some time. Great kits. He sold the line to the new owners. Jack also sold Madcow, some Aerotech kits, and may have had some LOC inventory, I can't remember. He certified my L1 and L2. He will be missed. I don't think that he has much motor equip. or reloads left but have heard that he has some kits (probably not many Polecats), tubes, and miscellaneous items. He did have a lot of stuff. Email him directly at [email protected] or call him. I would have to dig up his number somewhere.

He is great about responding to questions.

Back