Windows 8.1 and OpenRocket??????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therocketfarmer

Reaction score
Anyone running OpenRocket on Windows 8.1? I down loaded it after my trusty windows 7 laptop finally crashed and it downloads fine but when I open it, I get a msg that says look in the app store for an app to open???? I am lost, anyone else having this issue or have any advise on how to get it to work?

Todd

Funny, I was literally about to post the exact same thread. I just got a computer running windows 8, and I am trying to download openrocket... Not fun to do so, though.

Got it. Install the Java RunTime environment off of the Java website.

I use it since over a year without problem, you need to install JAVA

opr.jpg

I think I am one of the few that really likes win 8. I haven't found much that can't run on it.

With win 8 just get another browser (standard) then use it to get java 32 and 64 bit. Then you should be set.

I love windows 8. Got a touchscreen, so much fun running OR on it. :p

Thanks Everyone!! I downloaded Java and it works along with some other programs I was having problems with.. Now I just need to figure out why I cant access any motors for my builds? I am still not a windows 8 fan...... I so liked my 7.. LOL

Back