JST Connectors - Where to Buy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
I would like to get some small JST connectors for my av bay setup. When I say small, I mean 22 - 24 AWG range.

Is there a good place to get them, preferably Amazon Prime, or an online vendor who has what I need and ships quickly?

I'm hoping there are enough R/C folks on the forum to help.

Greg

Search silicon wire jst connectors on amazon. Lots of options.

Get them from ebay you can get them for a dollar including shipping

Get them from ebay you can get them for a dollar including shipping

I agree that this is the best (most economical) way -- here's a link for 10 *pair* (male+female) for circa $1.80 shipped (from China)...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hot-10-Sets...ble-Wire-Line-11cm-Male-Female-/141190791164?

This is the exact item & merchant I ordered from - and they appear to be legitimite (i.e. JST logo molded on the housing and function: mating and demating seem firm and secure).

A broader selection here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_tr...ctor&_nkw=jst+connector&_sacat=2562&_from=R40

I also ordered a package of 50 housings + pins/sockets for something like $5.00 (will need a chrimper, tho - around $20.00-30.00) - but this would allow making up whatever cable assembly one would want (the expense of the chrimper is amortized over other connectors that I plan to use).

Technical clarification: "JST" is the *manufacturer* - the model is "RCY" (in case you need to search more precisely or are curious if you are looking at the same thing).

Bottom line, these things can be found quite simply at quite economical prices.

-- john.

I have purchased male and female jet connectors from Hobby King. They can be painfully slow. Would not bet on them in a race. Amazon looks promising. I love Dog House Rocketry but am not sure that they have jst connectors. They do have other connectors.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of replies. They were helpful.

I wound up ordering from Amazon.

One thing I did is look at the negative reviews for some of the JST suppliers, and there were a few folks that were not happy that the M/F connectors they received. The connections didn't line up on the wire polarity (red to black and vice versa). While that is not necessarily a problem if you know that in advance or it doesn't matter, it could be a problem for me in the field. My experience tells me to minimize as many as the caveats as possible so that I am not task saturated. For others it's not that big o' deal.

I'll let y'all know how the experience goes with the vendor.

Greg

+1 for Hobby King, I get my batteries from there as well.

TA

those red jst connectors are keyed and it would be really difficult to connect them backwards, but that is a little annoying that the colors don't match up.

edit:

after examining one, it would be pretty easy to remove the pins from the male connector and swap the wires.

I have been using these Molex 4-pin ATX 12v connectors, available locally or online for about half the price of the doghouse ones :

https://www.frys.com/product/6252370

What is nice is I also picked up a wire kit that had 6 colors of 22 awg wire , so I can extend the individual wires keeping the same color .

Currently been using red /white and yellow/black to terminal blocks on lids and green wires for switches .. so when I seen a bundle I know what it is without have to trace down or label. Also have been installing m/f and f/m on the plugs from the sled so that the same connectors only plug in one way.

My batteries have been installed near the altimeters with the 9v whip wires plugging in directly ..not loomed with the rest .

Back