Mobius HD Camera Shroud Bundle!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landru

Additive Aerospace
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Given the increasing popularity of the fantastic Mobius HD video cameras, I've put together a bundle with the most popular 6 sizes of shrouds at a 20% discount over buying them individually!

If you have ever wanted to outfit your fleet of rockets to take breathtaking videos, this is a perfect way to do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KJCeNiFn4 - One of Dan Patell's latest videos capturing a really cool flight using a Mobius and one of the 3D printed camera shrouds!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197372556/mobius-hd-camera-shroud-bundle

Here's another example of a Mobius video, again with one of Andrew's shrouds:

[YOUTUBE]wJAFiGFK_gE[/YOUTUBE]

Here's another example of a Mobius video, again with one of Andrew's shrouds:

[YOUTUBE]wJAFiGFK_gE[/YOUTUBE]

That fly got off the rocket just in time.

Got my mobius camera from Amazon today; 54mm shroud should be here within the week, just in time for Aeronaut! Dan, was your video taken with normal lens or wide angle?

Last edited:
Got my shrouds in today, along with the Mobius HD camera with wide angle lense. I also got a PM from Andrew (Landru) with a very generous offer that I will probably take him up on.
These shrouds are very nice, fitting the tubes perfectly. I started fitting one to Sharon's Stinger today.

Just a suggestion, but shouldn't the Mobius shrouds have the area open where the camera heat sinks are located. Current design has the heat sinks virtually covered.

I took a dremel and cut out an area (overly large) that leaves the heat sinks open to the air; it's not pretty, but when the rocket is painted, so will the shroud (flat black), so it won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Just a suggestion, but shouldn't the Mobius shrouds have the area open where the camera heat sinks are located. Current design has the heat sinks virtually covered.

I took a dremel and cut out an area (overly large) that leaves the heat sinks open to the air; it's not pretty, but when the rocket is painted, so will the shroud (flat black), so it won't stick out like a sore thumb.

We had a discussion about that when the shrouds were first being designed. The consensus was there was no need to expose the heatsinks the way we were using the camera. I've left the camera to record an 8gb card and it just got barely warm in the shroud during testing. From what I've read elsewhere It sounds like the heatsinks are mostly for using the camera as a dash cam, when the camera is constantly plugged into a power supply.

Back