Local news station did a quick story on our club

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killachrome

Reaction score
So we had a local TV station do a quick piece on our club this weekend which ran today. They did a great job but my interview was a little lame and scattered lol:

[video]https://www.ktvn.com/category/170899/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10394522[/video]

So we had a local TV station do a quick piece on our club this weekend which ran today. They did a great job but my interview was a little lame and scattered lol:

[video]https://www.ktvn.com/category/170899/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10394522[/video]

That was a pretty decent piece. I'm sure you'll get some good interest out of it and at least some traffic to your website, and probably some better turnout to events. Did they use their own cameras for the under-the-pad shots? How did they end up doing this feature --- did you send out a press release, call the station, or did they find out some other way?

It's sort of funny. The photographer was using Go Pro cameras for the launch shots. He had one set up to catch the flight of a single rocket, but the flights of the yellow and red rockets in quick succession was actually an unanticipated drag race - user error. In the end it looked good on video.

It was nice that the guy stayed and shot video for several hours. Too bad the final cut was only two minutes long.

That was a pretty decent piece. I'm sure you'll get some good interest out of it and at least some traffic to your website, and probably some better turnout to events. Did they use their own cameras for the under-the-pad shots? How did they end up doing this feature --- did you send out a press release, call the station, or did they find out some other way?

I also work in the media as a still photographer and I just gave them the idea, which they ran with. I am going to start doing press release in the future.

It's sort of funny. The photographer was using Go Pro cameras for the launch shots. He had one set up to catch the flight of a single rocket, but the flights of the yellow and red rockets in quick succession was actually an unanticipated drag race - user error. In the end it looked good on video.

It was nice that the guy stayed and shot video for several hours. Too bad the final cut was only two minutes long.

Yeah he got about 5 hours of video and he could have done a 10 minute piece but the editors have the final say of the length unfortunately. Also the camera under the pad survived somehow :cool:

Really cool exposure for your club and a pretty well done piece. That's a great launch site you have there as well..........

Two minutes is actually pretty good for this kind of feature.

Two minutes is actually pretty good for this kind of feature.

Extremely good, I'd say. Over the years, the occasional TV coverage my various clubs got were usually 30 seconds or so, and most often right often at the end of a newscast, where they might be rolling credits over it.

I've got a mount for my GoPro on the base of my launchpad. It has been coated with exhaust and cooked, and it keeps on ticking.
[video=youtube;xS_Byj9HEYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS_Byj9HEYg[/video]

Latest posts

Back