The Marvin Magg is Finished

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! You will love the Magg, mine is quickly becoming my favorite to fly. It's rugged and easy to prep and loads of fun.

Looks great! You will love the Magg, mine is quickly becoming my favorite to fly. It's rugged and easy to prep and loads of fun.

Well, this ones gonna take a little more prep time with the Altimeter Bay in the nose cone for the cable cutter. First flight is going to be either the I180 Skid or the I236 Blue Streak, then thinking maybe the J270 Green.

I-180 is a great load for Maggie! You're gonna dig it. Look forward to seeing this in-person next weekend!

Later!

--Coop

I-180 is a great load for Maggie! You're gonna dig it. Look forward to seeing this in-person next weekend!

Later!

--Coop

Be sure to stop by under the Ravnes canopy! Lots going on flying this weekend. Supposed to Drag Race the two G-Force rockets around 1 on saturday, and testing out the new J145 Long Burn Skid in my Frenzy later in the afternoon.

G-Force drag race? Hmm... We are bringing three...

Later!

--Coop

Remember to keep it intact...

[video=youtube;XlVoD17y5y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlVoD17y5y4[/video]
Being Disintegrated makes me very Angry... Very Angry Indeed.

Nice looking rocket but unlike Marvin you don’t want an “Earth shattering Ka-Boom!!!!”

The Marvin Magg Flew Great yesterday, put it up on an I212 Smokey Sam to 1649ft, motor eject right at apogee, and cable cutter performed perfectly at 500ft.
RSO had some concern over the vent holes being on the NC citing turbulant air, but no problems! Hopefully get the video from our club videographer in a couple days

Another way cool flight, Dave! I can't believe you managed to give our RSO a concern :)

Great rocket, nice flight! I'm looking forward to plagiarizing your altimeter bay design.

Marvin is a good looking Magg!

I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting a look at the av-bay...

Later!

--Coop

Coop,
I have a few shots of it on my profile under albums, if you need/want more detailed shots I can always take more.

Nathan,
Let me know since you dont live that far you can take a closer look at it.

I'm actually considering adding a charge well and going full electronic dual deploy on it, so as not to have to rely on the motor delay.

Last edited:
Nice work and fun Rocket - and sounds like a nice flight. I like Marvin and have stuck him on a few of my rockets. He seems to fly better on mine than he ever did on any of his ships.

Very nice build!

I might have to build another of my version of the Mini Magg.
I had one then trashed it on an I 211 without an ejection charge deployment :(
It had a 54 mm in it.

JD

Put it up again today to 2343ft on an I287 Smoky Sam, and another perfect flight/recovery with the nose cone av-bay and cable cutter.

Back