LDRS 34

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reserved a few days ago and had the same problem with the hotel not having LDRS as the code for special pricing. Denise in reservations said there were no rooms on the dates of June 24-30th!!! After I explained that was unlikely and gave her the details of URRG being the people negotiating the rate, she found 100 rooms put aside for LDRS34. She said the correct code is CGURRG and I reserved a waterfront room without further issues. Denise said she would inform the other people in the hotel of the error but obviously that didn't work. So call back and us CGURRG and you are good to go!
NO the Code for the Host hotel IS "LDRS" the phone numbers ARE 315-789-0400 or 1-800-990-0907 which is the Ramada Inn on Geneva lake front.
I think because of the codes you just "announced" you called the Wrong Hotel, That was the code for LDRS-XXXI and URRF 2013 which was the Holiday Inn in Waterloo, NY.
We Reserved the ENTIRE 150 Rooms so far there are 125 left.

Folks PLEASE Ask your Questions in the Official Forum area right here in TRF https://www.rocketryforum.com/forumdisplay.php?153-LDRS-34

Last edited:
NO the Code for the Host hotel IS "LDRS" the phone numbers ARE 315-789-0400 or 1-800-990-0907 which is the Ramada Inn on Geneva lake front.
I think because of the codes you just "announced" you called the Wrong Hotel, That was the code for LDRS-XXXI and URRF 2013 which was the Holiday Inn in Waterloo, NY.
We Reserved the ENTIRE 150 Rooms so far there are 125 left.

Folks PLEASE Ask your Questions in the Official Forum area right here in TRF https://www.rocketryforum.com/forumdisplay.php?153-LDRS-34

I had called the 800 number above and again I say that they found nothing under LDRS. So I guess if one code doesn't work, you have a backup.:rolleyes:

Dave, and ALL the code IS "LDRS". You must call the hotel directly at 315-789-0400 or 1-800-990-0907 After Dave posted this we rechecked our contract and Called the Hotel. They would not let me know if Dave had reserved a room or not but they did tell us there is NO alternate code. If you have an issue using the code LDRS please PM me ASAP also try to remember the name of the person you talked to.

Dave thanks, I know your trying to help!

Dave, and ALL the code IS "LDRS". You must call the hotel directly at 315-789-0400 or 1-800-990-0907 After Dave posted this we rechecked our contract and Called the Hotel. They would not let me know if Dave had reserved a room or not but they did tell us there is NO alternate code. If you have an issue using the code LDRS please PM me ASAP also try to remember the name of the person you talked to.

Dave thanks, I know your trying to help!

Hi Bill,

I just sent you a PM with all the details of my experience in making my reservation at Ramada Inn – Geneva lake front.

Also I did get an e-mailed confirmation from the hotel.

Everything went smoothly this time, I am registered. Thanks for clearing everything up Bill!

Hi All, I want to thank Dave and Dave who discovered our Host Hotel was messing up the group discount code. I called myself today and played Dumb (I just played myself) low and behold they told me the code was wrong :y: telling me the correct code was cgurrg:y:, classic case of the employee not doing his job! Passing the calls on to the call center. They are not at that Ramada supposed to do that, that is why we say call the numbers given and not the web. The issue has been rectified the code is LDRS and Dave and Dave were Spot on. Thanks Guys for the help!

Last edited:
I wonder if the LDRS 34website is going to do a featured flights page like URRF 2 did? And I did register on the website but I still have to register and pay for my attendance and parking spot. So when I pay is that when I will be able to pick my parking slot like at 31?

We are planning on doing the ability to pick your parking spot, but that won't be done for several months. LDRS 34 website will have featured flights also, that is a big hit for everyone and that will be up soon!!!

Last edited:
Awesome Jim, can't wait to see you! Be sure to sign up on the vendor page so everyone knows that you will be there. Sign up on the website ldrs34.org.

Last edited:
I might be making the trip to attend this launch. It's too far in the future for me to say for certain though. If I do make it, I'll have my Shape Shifter Jr, a few MPRs and maybe another HPR or two that I'll build over the winter. It'd be cool to meet many of you on here in person.

What is the schedule for the various days? Are there Ex or HPR only days?

Thanks! Getting ready to make hotel reservations, but need this answered first...

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

All days are research. But with the change in Tripoli rules NAR only fliers can fly all five days up to their level with commercial motors!!!!

Jim don't let the EX bother you. At URRF "a 3 day EX" event we run mod rock competition's during the event, one of them we have fun with the pink book :)

There are currently no rules prohibiting the non-commercial use of drones at a rocket launch provided they do not interfere with the launch of the rockets, or the safety of the individuals participating in or the spectators viewing the launch.

You can get spectacular aerial videos of a launch, however drones operated too close to the potential trajectory of a rocket are a collision hazard. I consider overflying the launch pads interference, and if this occurs, I will recommend the offending drone be confiscated and grounded for the remainder of the launch and the individual operating a drone in an unsafe manner be banned from further participation in the launch.

Bob

There are currently no rules prohibiting the non-commercial use of drones at a rocket launch provided they do not interfere with the launch of the rockets, or the safety of the individuals participating in or the spectators viewing the launch.

You can get spectacular aerial videos of a launch, however drones operated too close to the potential trajectory of a rocket are a collision hazard. I consider overflying the launch pads interference, and if this occurs, I will recommend the offending drone be confiscated and grounded for the remainder of the launch and the individual operating a drone in an unsafe manner be banned from further participation in the launch.

Bob

Thanks. I wouldn't be flying it anywhere near the launch pads. Most likely will stay perpendicular to the saftey lines that spectators cannot pass. in some ways the further away the better. I agree on your terms that If it comes into dealing with safety of spectators then it should be grounded.

I will be flying 2.4ghz in my electronics package. I would request that any 2.4g RC system be off during those that time.

I will be flying 2.4ghz in my electronics package. I would request that any 2.4g RC system be off during those that time.

Ok. You'd have to let me know I guess. What electronics are you using that use 2.4ghz???

Ok. You'd have to let me know I guess. What electronics are you using that use 2.4ghz???

It will be a Marsa54L controlling a wireless remote pyro channel to deploy the main chute from the nosecone of an 7.5" Honest John. The chance for interfence will be low but better safe than sorry.

I am fairly certain we will have a few quad copters taking video at LDRS hopfully one doesnt get "shotdown"

Now with everything else I need to come up with a 2.4GHZ broadband splatter transmitter running at about 1KW...

Now where did I put that Klystron?

Seriously John, have you considered there may be a fair amount of unmanaged 802.X WiFi radiation from folks laptops? Not sure if you would be that sensitive to it, however it merits a brief consideration.

Last edited:
Seriously John, have you considered there may be a fair amount of unmanaged 802.X WiFi radiation from folks laptops? Not sure if you would be that sensitive to it, however it merits a brief consideration.

Those are no problem.

Connor.... if allowed... we are putting a quadcopter above OCF. :) Especially during setup.

I am fairly certain we will have a few quad copters taking video at LDRS hopfully one doesnt get "shotdown"

No the copters are safe, my electronics just cause the rocket to home and seek the transmitter.

Pardon my ignorance here, but this seems to be a rocket launch first and foremost. I would think ROCKET flyers have priority on these frequencies over those who want to "play" with drones/quads. If John wants to fly and requests that your quad be grounded, YOU should be seeking John out to find out when he intends to fly, and do everything you can to respect his wishes.

Back