LDRS 34

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LDRS is a Tripoli event, and the host club has chosen to make it Research all days. That means you have to comply with the Research Safety Code.

-Kevin

Well count in three more. Myself, my wife and my son are all going. First LDRS too.

Can't speak for LDRS 31, but you guys & gals of URRG did a terrific job on BOTH of the URRF launches. Here's hoping I make to LDRS.....
Thanks Gary, we try. Yoda said it best do not try, only DO. or something like that...

[video=youtube;BQ4yd2W50No]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No[/video]

URRG's web site took a dump so, I'm guessing that they need a little more time to get LDRS 34 page going.
Just be patient it will be up soon enough.

JD

That's what I'm wondering. On the FB page, there is a link to LDRS34.org but it's just an empty domain.

I tried booking the host hotel last night and Friday and Saturday are all filled up. :facepalm:

I tried booking the host hotel last night and Friday and Saturday are all filled up. :facepalm:

That's so the general public doesn't fill up the spots before anyone going to LDRS 34 gets a chance. You have to call the hotel using one of the two phone numbers the website lists

That's so the general public doesn't fill up the spots before anyone going to LDRS 34 gets a chance. You have to call the hotel using one of the two phone numbers the website lists

I did. The hotel didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the LDRS code, forwarded me to another desk who could have booked me for the nights of the 24th, 25th and 28th, but said the 26th and 27th were all filled up.

Last edited:
I got laughed at by the lady at the campground I'm staying in. Apparently, they're not as popular as the hotel. They said people don't usually start to reserve until March... Nonetheless, I'm reserved for a 5 night camping trip.

I got laughed at by the lady at the campground I'm staying in. Apparently, they're not as popular as the hotel. They said people don't usually start to reserve until March... Nonetheless, I'm reserved for a 5 night camping trip.

What campground? I may be joining you.

What campground? I may be joining you.

There are a bunch, but I'm staying at flint creek campground. It's not bad looking for $35 a night. I was going to stay at Country Charm (it was cheaper and 1 minute closer), but they didn't have a pool which was an essential for my family because my family's only going to LDRS for one day. The other days I am there alone. ( My family isn't into watching 5 days of rockets...)

There are a bunch, but I'm staying at flint creek campground. It's not bad looking for $35 a night. I was going to stay at Country Charm (it was cheaper and 1 minute closer), but they didn't have a pool which was an essential for my family because my family's only going to LDRS for one day. The other days I am there alone. ( My family isn't into watching 5 days of rockets...)

What are you mayst getting dropped off?? I will be there for like 3 days.

What are you mayst getting dropped off?? I will be there for like 3 days.

Yeah, the other days my mom will drop me off in the morning and her and my brother will find other stuff to do. I'm hoping to be there 4 or 5 days.

Haha in goin to see if my parents will do that:):)

Not that mine could do much anyways. I don't know about your parents, but mine don't do rockets and so they don't want to just sit in their lawn chairs all day every day. They can't even go to the pad with me.

I did. The hotel didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the LDRS code, forwarded me to another desk who could have booked me for the nights of the 24th, 25th and 28th, but said the 26th and 27th were all filled up.

Just made my reservation and received email confirmation for June 24 thru June 29 at the Group rate. Give them another try!

Just made my reservation and received email confirmation for June 24 thru June 29 at the Group rate. Give them another try!

Interesting; I didn't get any offer to get an email confirmation.

I'll have to call them back as having something on paper would be nice, just in case there's a snafu when we arrive!

-Kevin

I was going to mention that Flint creek is closer to Smuggler's, but you're too young. I'll likely stay there as well.

Yeah, the other days my mom will drop me off in the morning and her and my brother will find other stuff to do. I'm hoping to be there 4 or 5 days.

Lots of cool stuff to do in the area. Canandaigua is a cool little town, there are more wineries around than you can ever try to name, and tons of lakes. Roseland waterpark is also nearby.

I reserved a few days ago and had the same problem with the hotel not having LDRS as the code for special pricing. Denise in reservations said there were no rooms on the dates of June 24-30th!!! After I explained that was unlikely and gave her the details of URRG being the people negotiating the rate, she found 100 rooms put aside for LDRS34. She said the correct code is CGURRG and I reserved a waterfront room without further issues. Denise said she would inform the other people in the hotel of the error but obviously that didn't work. So if you have the same issue try code CGURRG even though the correct code as confirmed with Bill Clune is LDRS.

Last edited:
Funny = I reserved my room back when they first posted it. I gave them the LDRS code and they accepted it then....
No email confirmation but I did get a verbal number

Back