LDRS 34

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LDRS34 site will be up on or about August 15, just giving the 33 dust time to settle. But in the meantime have a look at this Page........

https://urrg.org/hotels-and-camping/

Notice the first listing!! That is normally a $200 a night swanky joint on the lake! Can Rocketmom cut a deal or what!!

Reservations confirmed!

Perhaps Robert Dehate and I can do another O drag race, and it would be awesome if another O flight or 2 can join in, assuming Mr Clune and crew can support it ;)

Jerry O
Support it hahahahha should have 3 hydraulic towers for ldrs.... you build they will fly on it!:y:

Blllllaaahhhh. I won't know until feb if I get the time off of work ><.

I was asked to re-post this So..

This is Going to cause a bit of "Discomfort" a small typo in the dates people are spreading..
LDRS34 is Thursday June 25th -- Monday June29th 2015
All 5 days, Research will be welcome. (that is my version of PC, They are EX days) NAR folks are Welcome to fly Commercial up to their cert level.
The host hotel is the Ramada inn on the lake, in Geneva NY. No doubt this will be the finest hotel of any LDRS Ever! An amazing discount code will be released when the website goes live, your not going believe how inexpensive! We were floored they accepted our counter offer :)
The banquet will be held there and the meal will be fit for a king! If you don't like to eat or are on a diet, you wont like this banquet.

Also
https://urrg.org/hotels-and-camping/
Notice the first listing!! That is normally a $200 a night swanky joint on the lake! Can Rocketmom cut a deal or what!!
Oh I can soooo hardly wait for breakfast on "the pier house" restaurant.

Last edited:
if you and matt will be there then maybe it will be easier for us to get someone to mentor all of us. just a thought.

That's actually not such a good idea -- remember that mentoring a junior flier takes the senior flier's time. When you ask them to mentor more fliers, you're asking them to give up that much more of their time.

Remember, mentoring someone isn't just a rubber stamp, if they're doing it right. It's a time investment as it's their name on the flight card and with responsibility.

-Kevin

Kevin, I understand full well what I might be getting into. I have 5 days to enjoy the event. What you say is true and appreciated but I volunteered with my eyes open. Plus there will be 5 of us coming together from NC, so we will have plenty of adults to help these guys out.

Kevin, I understand full well what I might be getting into. I have 5 days to enjoy the event. What you say is true and appreciated but I volunteered with my eyes open. Plus there will be 5 of us coming together from NC, so we will have plenty of adults to help these guys out.

Ok thanks Jim it means a lot.

I appreciate your willingness to do this, Jim. I actually made my post before I saw yours.

-Kevin

Can't speak for LDRS 31, but you guys & gals of URRG did a terrific job on BOTH of the URRF launches. Here's hoping I make to LDRS.....

Thanks Jim! It really means a lot!

Who are the 5?

Myself, Michael Gunter, Paul Schaefer, Mark Miller(from Va), and Alan Whitmore. I havent spoken to Alan about this yet, but the other four of us could easily take care of it.

Hmmm... If Paul Schaefer is coming, me hopes he will bring along Junior Schaefer... :p

Tripoli research rules do not recognize the NAR JR HP Participation Program. Unless the rules have changed you have to be in the TRA version of the program.

Bob

Tripoli research rules do not recognize the NAR JR HP Participation Program. Unless the rules have changed you have to be in the TRA version of the program.

Bob

it depends on the club. I know that at URRF 2 they did recognize the NAR JR hpr certification and I was able to fly.

I didn't even consider NAR when I offered. I was referring to Tripoli's TMP program. I hope this doesn't cause any conflicts.

Add 2 more North Carolinians to the list: me and my wife-to-be, Gabby! Looks like it's going to really happen! I just might have an L3 rocket done by that time...

I didn't even consider NAR when I offered. I was referring to Tripoli's TMP program. I hope this doesn't cause any conflicts.

guess ill have tojoin Tripoli and take the tmp test. I don't see why it would be a problem though.

ya I wish I had known before I joined nar though:(
Being Tripoli does me no good because there are no TRA clubs near me. I would be paying for it just for LDRS. I don't understand why the Jr. Program is not recognized.

Last edited:
Back