LDRS 34

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot! Just saw Bill's FB post in the URRG forum. Sorry about no URRF next year, but having LDRS close enough to attend is fantastic!

I am so in!!!!:):)

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

I'll save you some rotting onions that I'm still trying to get out of the undercarriage of my truck from URRF

Its true no URRF next year LDRS instead sorry :)
Only MDRA has guts enough to run 2 large events in 1 year. Heck In 09 they ran 3, Neil and Bob are supermen.

Is there a website up already or something??

Anyways I'll be there. URRF2 was amazing.

Is there a website up already or something??

Anyways I'll be there. URRF2 was amazing.

LDRS 33 is still going on. The LDRS 34 website is ready, but not up yet.

Teaser....The host hotel has already been selected and it is marvelous. We got a fantastic group rate because it was booked last May 1.

Bob

Its true no URRF next year LDRS instead sorry :)
Only MDRA has guts enough to run 2 large events in 1 year. Heck In 09 they ran 3, Neil and Bob are supermen.

There are more than two supermen at MDRA, as you well know...:wink: Just like your group, there is a BOD and several additional dedicated members that form the core of making a large launch run like a well oiled machine.

Great to hear the several months old LDRS 34 rumor verified... Hotel reservations confirmed...:grin:

Last edited:
Great news about LDRS. I too was so hoping the rumour's were true ! My room is booked already.
Look forward to flying with you all next year !

Last edited:
LDRS 33 is still going on. The LDRS 34 website is ready, but not up yet.

Teaser....The host hotel has already been selected and it is marvelous. We got a fantastic group rate because it was booked last May 1.

Bob

Hah! That explains some of the messages I saw on the TRA message board lol. Does the host hotel involve nightly pyres? If so, I am so in...

Maybe I'll have enough vacation time built up in the new job to go out there next summer. Had to skip LDRS this year for that very reason.

Went to URRF 1 last year and these folks know how to run a launch. Nice field, beautiful part of the country, awesome waiver, hill billies, hermits, etc.

Sweet!! Just checked... only a 10 hour drive. I am already talking to my parents... :p

And.... Idea has been struck down. I am in Philmont Scout camp in NM from the 15-30. Oh well. Maybe next time. :cry:

What's the name of the hotel that you got the group rates with??

Very cool guys! A lot of life events between now and then, but I plan on attending!

May even reserve my room!

Yes that hotel some of us are talking about. But I can tell you it will not be the official host hotel Bill Clune is talking about because it is way too small for that. BUt it great place and super nice owners and great prices, I love staying there.

What the official host hotel of LDRS 34 is I have not a clue.

Cheers
John ..

Miami Motel -1

The host hotel information will be announced when the website is active.

Bob

Guys we have a GREAT deal on a really nice hotel! Plenty of rooms locked down. The website will be up in a few days with lots of details. BUT we really need to allow ldrs 33 to stop buzzing before we jump in. The dinner is gonna be great I like food......

Looks like I have to go to yet another LDRS. I'm almost obligated to go since most of my extended family lives in that neck of the woods. Maybe I'll fly something big this time around (well, bigger than an N at least).

Manny

And.... Idea has been struck down. I am in Philmont Scout camp in NM from the 15-30. Oh well. Maybe next time. :cry:

Having to miss LDRS is certainly too bad................

but Philmont is VERY cool, and no small "consolation prize" for sure. You are going to love it (even with no rockets involved).

s6

Back