BlueTube in RockSim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Hmmmm.

For some reason, all my BlueTube (AlwaysReadyRocketry) options seem to be missing in RockSim. I'm in the middle of designing a new rocket, and BlueTube all of the sudden is no longer listed in the pull down menu for airframe materials. This is strange because it's been there in the past, and I have a LOT of designs in there that use BlueTube. Those particular rocket files still show the airframe material as being BlueTube with all the correct specs. But I can't seem to use it on any new rockets. Where did it go?

I downloaded the correct files from AlwaysReady and went to load them into my RockSim program data import. But when I tried to do this, it showed that those files were already in there. Huh? So I closed Rocksim, restarted my computer and tried again. But still nothing in the options when I try to build with it. So then I decided to replace the existing files with the new/fresh ones I downloaded. Nope, didn't work. Next I deleted the existing files, and loaded in the new ones (instead of simply "replacing" them) and rebooted again - still no luck.

So I searched TRF for assistance. I DID find an old thread where I myself was having (some very similar) trouble initially loading BlueTube into RockSim. My past self did not appear to get the answers I needed in that thread (so there were none to be had this time either), but somehow I got it figured out back then, because I did apparently get it working sometime after then. But I don't remember how I got there.

So. Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?
I promise I'll design and build a cool rocket to share with y'all if I get my BlueTube back.

thanks, s6

I use a ton of BT. I recall finding them WAAAAY down at the bottom of the list. If you're still having issues I can try sending you my files... If I can figure out where the hell my hands are....and then make them work the mouse and find them....

wait wait wait.... whats coming next?

Last edited:
click on the left column twice to re-sort the list, you should see them.

Thanks guys but....

Nope, not down on the bottom of the list (and I do know that that's where they USED to be)

Re-sorting the list doesn't work either.

The files ARE in my program/data import folder, but they don't show up in the database when I'm in design mode.

More suggestions/ideas are welcome.

s6

what version of RockSim?

If it is in the folder, but not in the library, check to see if RockSim is pointing at the correct data folder, if it is in data-import and not data, make a copy and put it in both.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?9862-Blue-Tube-Rocksim-Data-Available!

https://www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com/about-us/blue-tube-2-0/

The files (which I did download from alwaysready) did exist in the data-import folder, but not the data folder. But my data folder only has motor files in it, not airframes/parts/components/etc. But I did as you suggested anyway, and copied the BlueTube files into the data folder as well and...............

still nothing.

It's funny, the first thread you linked to is the one that I referred to as having found and seeing that I had posted there with similar problems in 2011. My problem then was NOT fixed in that thread and I never did find a solution there. But somehow I figured it out another way - I just can't remember how.

s6

Edit the database itself, see if it's present, and --if so-- add checks to the appropriate tables (airframe, coupler, MMT, etc.)

Later!

--Coop

Edit the database itself, see if it's present, and --if so-- add checks to the appropriate tables (airframe, coupler, MMT, etc.)

Later!

--Coop

This sounds promising, except........................I'm something of an idiot. Can you explain exactly how to do this, and/or where I need to go to get this done? I've tried and few different ways (preferences, edit, etc.) but I don't see anywhere to actually check things or to "edit the database itself".

Thanks for your help!

s6

All the instructions say to dump your updated data files into DataImport folder ..but there is another besides your normal install folder

It actually has the same directory structure..as your installed rocsim files, but it is a HIDDEN folder .

On my computer the hidden directory is : C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ApogeeComponents\Rocksim_9\
or for data import : C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ApogeeComponents\Rocksim_9\DataImport\

try your data there and see if that works, I found it trying to integrate some of those tasty engine file updates like : Aerotech_2-21-14.eng or Aerotech_2-21-14.rse

Kenny

Back