Raspberry Pi Computer Wireless Rocket Firing System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC321

Reaction score
So, I was googling around to see what new projects might have been created since the Fourth of July, knowing that people get the itch to build things this time of year, which pointed me to this forum. Reading through the posts I noticed that there is some interest in home built, computer controlled, battery operated, wireless, smartphone triggered launchers, so I figured my launcher could give others some ideas on how to attack such a project. Now I built mine to launch fireworks, but since it uses electrical voltage/current as the triggering mechanism, it doesn't matter what method of ignition is being used (nichrome wire, pyrogen, etc., including of course model rocket engines). Some features/aspects might be overkill for simple single rocket launching, but the techniques would still apply, and could easily be scaled down to a simpler cheaper device. Both the Arduino and Raspberry Pi can be used for such a project, but the Raspberry Pi gives endless hardware/software configuration possibilities, being that it is a full blown Linux based computer.

Here is my web page with a full description:

https://www.flaminghellmet.com/launch/

launcher_with_rack_small.jpg

Last edited:
Back