Google Map Help Please!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
It seemed so simple.

I want to embed a Google map on a web page. The map would show the launch location of the event. I want to put one of those pin thingies to show that the exact location.

It has not worked out so well.

I can generate the map I want and get it just right. I can set my pin. This map will give me the option to link to its page but provides no code for embedding.

I can also generate a fairly nice map and get code for embedding. The problem is that the pin marker is inactive and I cannot set it.

I have checked plenty of instructions by googling. They all seem to suffer from being dated and not matching the interfaces I have encountered. Still, the both of the options I described above were simple enough to figure out even for me. I just can't get them to play nicely together.

Can anybody walk me through this?

John, they changed their interface about a year ago (made it way more obtuse, in my opinion), so a lot of the documentation you're finding is for the old interface.

Try these instructions.

-Kevin

Why can't they just leave good enough alone?

Now where did I put my K&E Slide rule?

Thanks for the link. I'll see if I can get things working after I get home and get some sleep ~7.

Back