• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Low Power Yard Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
SOLD

3 boxes full of low power model rockets and supplies. I'm looking for a local buyer (San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, CA) for the whole lot, which I'll let go for $160. If you're not local and want some kits or parts (I can not ship engines), I’m willing to entertain offers on smaller lots or individual pieces, but it has to be worth my while. Here’s a list of what I have:

Rocket kits new in package
Estes COMANCHE 3
Estes DARK ENERGY
4X Estes HI-FLIER
Estes PATRIOT
Odd’l Rockets BIRDIE
Odd’l Rockets SPUTNIK
Surefire X-13
10X Surefire X-19

Rocket kits partially built (mostly just needs paint)
Custom Rockets ATOMIC
Custom Rockets S.L.V.
Custom Rockets VENTURE

Rockets complete and ready to fly
Custom Rockets SPORT
3X Estes ALPHA
Estes BIG BERTHA *w/ dual engine mount & baffle
Estes DER RED MAX
Estes GUARDIAN
Estes HI-FLIER *successfully flown on C6-7
Estes MINI MAX *w/ 18mm engine mount
Estes WIZARD
Scratch built “Phoenix”
Scratch built “Phoenix II”
Scratch built “Li’l Bertha”
Scratch build “Archer”

Rockets damaged, for repair or parts
Edmonds Aerospace DELTIE AIRSHOW booster only
Estes COMANCHE 3 boosters only
Estes STAR DART
Semroc Estes GYROC
2X Surefire ALIEN CHASER
Scratch built “Razor Blade”
Scratch built “Sunflower”
Scratch built “Trio” *can run on 1, 2, or 3 engines

Engines, new, some in sealed packaging
4X Estes 1/2A 3-4T
4X Estes A10-3T
6X Quest A6-4
39X Estes A8-3
2X Estes A8-5
2X Estes B6-0
9X Estes B6-4
10X Estes C6-3
6X Estes C6-5
2X Estes C11-0

Parts & supplies, new and used
2X Estes launch pad
2X Estes launch controller *w/ bulb to allow safe use of Quest igniters
Estes fin alignment jig
Nose cones (20+)
Body tubes
Parachutes (15+)
Streamers
Shock cords
Snap swivels
Engine hooks
Blocks/spacers
Engine mounts
Baffles
Fin stock
Plugs
Igniters

Rockets 1.jpg

Rockets 2.jpg

Rockets 3.jpg

Rockets 4.jpg

Rockets 5.jpg

Rockets 6.jpg

Last edited:
Any pics of the Phoenix and Phoenix II ?!
Sure, they are the small silver ones on the right in the first pic, but here are up close ones as well.
They are simply made from salvaged parts from some students' mistakes. They failed to insert the engine mounts all the way before the glue set, so I gave them new body tubes and engine mounts in exchange and cut their original ones down to make smaller rockets out of them, also reusing nose cones from crashed and discarded rockets. That should also explain the reason behind their names. They actually get some excellent altitude do to their minimalist design.

Edit: Note that these up close pictures were taken just after building and before any fights. The finish is more dull now with small chips on the fins, and some fins have been reglued after rough landings.

Phoenix II.jpg

Phoenix.jpg

Last edited:
Also, a recent PM leads me to believe that I was not very clear in the original posting that I will not ship any engines. Also, I will only sell the engines to an adult. I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet someone locally, but am only willing to ship the kits and parts, maybe a completed rocket if I can figure out how to protect it. Still offering the best deal for anyone willing to come pick up the whole lot from me.

Edited to reflect lower asking price. Now it's like paying only $2 per engine and getting everything else for free! I got some unexpected home repairs to pay for, so I'll entertain any reasonable offers on some or all.

Back