Terraform the MOON?!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirstyBarbarian

Reaction score
Here is an interesting article about the possibility of terraforming the moon:
https://www.slate.com/articles/tech..._the_moon_it_would_be_a_lot_like_florida.html

I've read a lot of articles (and fiction!) about terraforming Mars. I've always heard that terraforming Mars might be possible by crashing water ice- and frozen gas-bearing comets into the planet, because Mars has enough gravity to hold onto at atmosphere, at least for a few million years. The moon could not retain such an atmosphere. But according to this article, the moon could retain an atmosphere for tens of thousands of years, and that is pretty good for a human project (maybe not so great for the long-term prospects of the introduced ecosystem!).

According to the article there are several advantages to picking the moon over Mars for terraforming --- it is closer, it gets more sunlight, and it is much smaller, so it would require less material to build the atmosphere. The article even says it would be possible to introduce some spin to the moon by crashing the comets in the correct way, so the moon's day could be sped up from the current 28-day rotation to more like 60 hours.

Obviously this is a super speculative article, but fun to read about nonetheless. I enjoyed the description of the low-gravity lunar environment and what it would be like with an atmosphere. Might be fun strapping on some wings and flying...

It would be great fun to launch Model Rockets on a Terraformed Earths Moon. Even LPR/MPR stuff would go crazy high.

What is never mentioned in these “Scientific” articles about Terraforming Mars or the Moon, is that neither of them has a magnetic field and that is not something we can alter, create, jumpstart choose your term and it is probably not something we can do without.

Another item never mentioned is gravity. We know that humans do Okay in a one-G field ie Earth and we know that humans pretty much fall apart and rapidly at that, in a zero or micro-gravity environment.

What we don’t know and have no way of determining is how humans will react, long term, in any gravitational environment between those two.
We ASS-u-me that humans won’t go ker-plunk physically living long term at 1/3 Earth grav but we have no data to back that up.

Then there’s the fact that Mars’ year is nearly twice that of Earth’s. That means Mars’ seasons are roughly twice as long. Think any Earth plants can handle a winter that is close to six months long?
Think any Terrestrial animal can adapt to that? Especially anything that hibernates.

It might be possible to dump enough comets onto Mars to thicken up the atmosphere to the point humans wouldn’t die from exposure but I bet even then most, if not all, actual living will be done either under domes or underground in an artificial environment that mimics Earth’s, except for gravity.

As far as crashing comets into the Moon; I for one wouldn’t want that kind of crap happening that close to Earth. Keep it out around Mars; that way if NASA or whomever, has another brain-fart wherein half the team uses metric measurements and the other half uses the English measurements the worst that might happen is Phobos getting pulverized.

What is never mentioned in these “Scientific” articles about Terraforming Mars or the Moon, is that neither of them has a magnetic field and that is not something we can alter, create, jumpstart choose your term and it is probably not something we can do without.

Another item never mentioned is gravity. We know that humans do Okay in a one-G field ie Earth and we know that humans pretty much fall apart and rapidly at that, in a zero or micro-gravity environment.

What we don’t know and have no way of determining is how humans will react, long term, in any gravitational environment between those two.
We ASS-u-me that humans won’t go ker-plunk physically living long term at 1/3 Earth grav but we have no data to back that up.

Then there’s the fact that Mars’ year is nearly twice that of Earth’s. That means Mars’ seasons are roughly twice as long. Think any Earth plants can handle a winter that is close to six months long?
Think any Terrestrial animal can adapt to that? Especially anything that hibernates.

It might be possible to dump enough comets onto Mars to thicken up the atmosphere to the point humans wouldn’t die from exposure but I bet even then most, if not all, actual living will be done either under domes or underground in an artificial environment that mimics Earth’s, except for gravity.

As far as crashing comets into the Moon; I for one wouldn’t want that kind of crap happening that close to Earth. Keep it out around Mars; that way if NASA or whomever, has another brain-fart wherein half the team uses metric measurements and the other half uses the English measurements the worst that might happen is Phobos getting pulverized.

Phobos is eventually going to crash into Mars anyway... millions of years from now, but it's sliding inexorably closer to the planet year by year...

Mars' axial tilt varies considerably over time as well... it's not the stable 23.5 degrees of tilt at Earth. In addition, Mars receives roughly half the sunlight intensity (energy content) at the surface as Earth does, even with the differences in our atmospheres. Thickening the Martian atmosphere would reduce the intensity of sunlight power reaching the surface anyway, reducing the efficacy of photosynthesis. This reduction in available power at Mars from sunlight (according to the inverse square law that governs the spread and dissipation of light) is also a big problem for Mars operations, since it requires roughly twice the area of solar panels to get the same power that a given size of panels could generate in the vicinity of Earth. That means for any surface human expedition, roughly four times the generating capacity required on Earth must be landed on Mars if the expedition is to be powered solely from solar energy. (twice the area for a given power level during the day, and assuming the same power requirements to sustain the operation throughout the night, an equivalent amount of panels to generate and store power in batteries or fuel cells for the night... at least it's only required for 12 hours and 20 minutes of night-time power, and not the 354 hour nights on the Moon).

It's highly unlikely that a "natural ecology' could be established on Mars... As mentioned, even with an Earth-similar atmosphere and compatible pressure, the seasons would be twice as long, therefore overwintering plants would likely starve before springtime conditions resumed. Of course by the time that the planet would likely be suitable for the introduction of plants and/or animals, it's quite likely they'd all be genetically engineered for the conditions anyway.

Terraforming isn't something that can be done in our lifetimes... it would be an endeavor that would take centuries, if not millennia, to complete, regardless of where it was attempted...

Later! OL JR :)

The moon does not have enough gravity to hold a thick atmosphere.
And no magnetic field means even if you could build up one the solar wind would strip it away.

You are right, the problem of the magnetic field is significant in that it protects the planet from radiation, and it also protects the atmosphere from being stripped by the solar wind. I am going to assume the author meant the atmosphere would last for tens of thousand of years, even if not protected by a magnetic field, so the main issue is radiation. And the problems of radiation, low gravity, and growing plants and animals in unusual environments will all be problems for any kind of space travel and colonization, whether you are talking about terraforming or just living in a base.

I think you are right that for a very long time at least, people and most non-engineered life might have to live underground, but even so, if you could venture onto the surface with just a warm layer and a respirator, it would be very different world from one in which you would need a space suit to survive. And with genetic engineering, you might very well have plants and animals that could live in an environment that is not exactly like earth's.

it's certainly a very far-out and speculative article, but I found it interesting. Thanks for raising some good points.

Phobos is eventually going to crash into Mars anyway... millions of years from now, but it's sliding inexorably closer to the planet year by year...

Mars' axial tilt varies considerably over time as well... it's not the stable 23.5 degrees of tilt at Earth. In addition, Mars receives roughly half the sunlight intensity (energy content) at the surface as Earth does, even with the differences in our atmospheres. Thickening the Martian atmosphere would reduce the intensity of sunlight power reaching the surface anyway, reducing the efficacy of photosynthesis. This reduction in available power at Mars from sunlight (according to the inverse square law that governs the spread and dissipation of light) is also a big problem for Mars operations, since it requires roughly twice the area of solar panels to get the same power that a given size of panels could generate in the vicinity of Earth. That means for any surface human expedition, roughly four times the generating capacity required on Earth must be landed on Mars if the expedition is to be powered solely from solar energy. (twice the area for a given power level during the day, and assuming the same power requirements to sustain the operation throughout the night, an equivalent amount of panels to generate and store power in batteries or fuel cells for the night... at least it's only required for 12 hours and 20 minutes of night-time power, and not the 354 hour nights on the Moon).

It's highly unlikely that a "natural ecology' could be established on Mars... As mentioned, even with an Earth-similar atmosphere and compatible pressure, the seasons would be twice as long, therefore overwintering plants would likely starve before springtime conditions resumed. Of course by the time that the planet would likely be suitable for the introduction of plants and/or animals, it's quite likely they'd all be genetically engineered for the conditions anyway.

Terraforming isn't something that can be done in our lifetimes... it would be an endeavor that would take centuries, if not millennia, to complete, regardless of where it was attempted...

You make a lot of good points about Mars, Luke.

What I found interesting about this article was the focus on the moon. For example, the author says that one of the advantages to the moon is that is receives much more sunlight than Mars (as you pointed out).

In any case, I agree that any kind of terraforming project, whether on Mars or the Moon, would take a very very long time.

It would take tremendously smaller expenditures in material (i.e. money), energy, time and human lives to construct/establish a completely livable contained biosphere on the moon than to make even the most minor attempts at "terraforming" Mars.

...Terraforming isn't something that can be done in our lifetimes... it would be an endeavor that would take centuries, if not millennia, to complete, regardless of where it was attempted...

Yes we can! I have the artwork to prove it...

About 15 years ago I did some art for NASA about terraforming Mars, and a similar problem would affect Luna, even in a thick atmosphere oxygen would drift away like helium on Earth. No oxygen means no insects. You could have plants that did not depend on cooperative fertilization (bees transfer pollen and benefit from nectar), like grasses and conifers, but no flowering plants. I ruined it by pointing that out...

You guys are so pessimistic! We already know this is going to happen thanks to Star Trek:First Contact!

Commander Riker: "Look at that!"
Zefram Cochrane: "What, you don't have a Moon in the twenty-fourth century?"
Commander Riker: "Sure we do. It looks a lot different. There are fifty million people living on the Moon in my time. You can see Tycho City, New Berlin, even Lake Armstrong on a day like this."

About 15 years ago I did some art for NASA about terraforming Mars, and a similar problem would affect Luna, even in a thick atmosphere oxygen would drift away like helium on Earth. No oxygen means no insects. You could have plants that did not depend on cooperative fertilization (bees transfer pollen and benefit from nectar), like grasses and conifers, but no flowering plants. I ruined it by pointing that out...

So it sounds like even with terra-forming, there may not be much terra-farming.

And no magnetic field means even if you could build up one the solar wind would strip it away.

That's what I always thought too. But according to the article, you could build up an atmosphere, and it could last tens of thousands of years. I'm in no position to evaluate if that is true or not, but that's what the author says.

Quite true... neither does Mars...

That's why the Moon can only hold a few atoms of noble gases just above its surface in an extremely tenuous, almost perfect vacuum excuse for an "atmosphere", and Mars's atmosphere has been thinning inexorably for millions, perhaps billions of years, and will be gone entirely in a few hundred million years... stripped molecule by molecule by the inexorable solar wind.

No magnetic field also means the surface is bombarded by radiation like cosmic rays and solar particles and/or the byproducts from them. Earth is protected from this by these charged particles becoming trapped in Earth's magnetic field, ending up forming the Van Allen Radiation Belts, and eventually the particles streaming down into the atmosphere over the north and south polar regions, as the aurora borealis and aurora australis...

No magnetic field means no radiation belts, no auroras... but it also means that those particles directly impact the atmosphere and rain down on the surface without losing much energy, except to the atmosphere or surface itself, which gradually strips the atmosphere and bathes the surface in deadly (over time) radiation.

I'll believe it when I see it...

You're a dreamer and that's good, but the reality is, we aren't even capable of getting our own astronauts into space, let alone going to the Moon, let alone doing anything there, let alone doing anything MAJOR there, let alone doing anything as difficult as setting up a permanent outpost and starting ISRU, and terraforming is at least an order of magnitude more difficult than that.

So what I said is true... it cannot be done in our lifetimes. Even if it were STARTED in our lifetimes, which it won't be for the previously mentioned reasons, it would take centuries if not millennia to accomplish, and therefore by definition cannot be done in our lifetimes.

Given our "leadership" (of whatever stripe), we'll likely never see such "grand endeavors" anyway-- they're too short sighted to even set up and stand behind a program of basic exploration over the course of a few decades, let alone anything taking infinitely more in resources and money and taking centuries if not millennia of constant dedication and perseverance to achieve...

It's good to dream, to inspire to what MIGHT be possible... but unfortunately reality always falls far, FAR short of that... always has, always will.

One other aspect concerning gravity that relates directly to atmospheric pressure.
Earth, with its 33 meter per second/per second gravity holds its atmosphere close to the surface. 100 miles up and you are basically in vacuum meanwhile we have a sea level air pressure of apx 15 psi.

Now you go to Mars with its gravity of around 11 meters per yada yada yada. Do you have any idea how deep the atmosphere would have to be in order to have a surface air pressure livable to humans? And how fast that surface pressure would drop with any increase in altitude?
The atmosphere would need to be HUNDREDS of miles deep and the moon would be even worse; a thousand miles deep wouldn’t be out of line. Now imagine atmospheric reentry through all that.

And what kind of hold would these bodies gravity have on air that far from the center of mass? I think the writer of this article is being optimistic about how long Mars or the Moon could hold onto a useful level of atmosphere.

One other aspect concerning gravity that relates directly to atmospheric pressure.
Earth, with its 33 meter per second/per second gravity holds its atmosphere close to the surface. 100 miles up and you are basically in vacuum meanwhile we have a sea level air pressure of apx 15 psi.

Now you go to Mars with its gravity of around 11 meters per yada yada yada. Do you have any idea how deep the atmosphere would have to be in order to have a surface air pressure livable to humans? And how fast that surface pressure would drop with any increase in altitude?
The atmosphere would need to be HUNDREDS of miles deep and the moon would be even worse; a thousand miles deep wouldn’t be out of line. Now imagine atmospheric reentry through all that.

And what kind of hold would these bodies gravity have on air that far from the center of mass? I think the writer of this article is being optimistic about how long Mars or the Moon could hold onto a useful level of atmosphere.

I think you are right that the atmosphere would need to be very deep. You might not need to actually have the same pressure at the surface as we have on earth at sea level, so maybe not as much atmosphere as you are saying, but definitely deep.

Regarding reentry, my understanding is that an atmosphere is actually helpful, because you can use it for braking and do not need to expend as much fuel to land. You either want a good atmosphere or none. Mars is difficult because there is enough atmosphere to be a problem with reentry heat, but not enough density to be really useful.

You may be right that the author is being overly optimistic about these low gravity bodies being able to hold an atmosphere. I don't know. I've always understood that they would not hold an atmosphere permanently, but I've never been sure about the timescale. That is an important issue. If it would take say 100 years to build an atmosphere, and it would all be gone again in 100 years, you probably would not want to bother with it --- too much ongoing maintenance. But if it would provide a habitable world for 1,000 years, or 10,000 or 100,000... ?

I know all of this is a very pie-in-the-sky fantasy, but I still find it interesting. I like the kinds of physics questions like the ones you are bringing up. I also like the science-fiction kind of speculation about what it would be like to have a terraformed moon --- an entire other habitable world right nest door. What would that be like? What would it be worth?

Last edited:
That's what I always thought too. But according to the article, you could build up an atmosphere, and it could last tens of thousands of years. I'm in no position to evaluate if that is true or not, but that's what the author says.

Before being stripped away by solar wind.

Basically you'd have to have a periodic (frequency depending on the size) infusion of gases to replenish the atmospheric gases that are being constantly stripped away. That means, basically, crashing a comet, or parts of a comet, onto the Moon periodically to replenish the gases. Now, we know from Earth history, that crashing a comet onto the planet is highly detrimental to any biosphere/ecosphere that exists on the surface due to the terrible consequences of the force of the impact, atmospheric contaminants raised by the force of impact, and disruption of the environmental conditions that allow life to flourish. So having to crash a comet onto the lunar surface every few years, or few decades, perhaps few centuries... that's thousands of times the rate at which comets have impacted Earth and created catastrophic damage to the ecosphere, either regionally or globally. Perhaps with monthly infusions of gases via small cometary fragments, too small to reach the surface or incapable of creating giant impacts and their aftereffects, it might be possible, but such would require an ENORMOUS and CONTINUOUS expenditure of money and effort to maintain.

AS previously mentioned, this does NOTHING to abate the radiation problem. It will be impossible to set up an ecology on the surface when it's bathed in radiation, unless you breed specifically engineered organisms to withstand the radiation environment.

Then there's the fact that the gravity is so much lower than Earth... Lunar gravity is 16.6% that of Earth, and Mars gravity is 33% of Earth's. That means, with less gravity pulling on the mantle of gases making up the atmosphere, that it's going to be MUCH lower surface pressure than on Earth... The depth of the atmosphere (how many miles it extends above the surface) and its pressure gradient are determined by two main functions-- the mass of the gases making it up (specific gravity, or density of the constituent gases in the atmosphere) and the gravitational force pulling down on those gases to overcome their natural collisions between molecules (which creates what we sense as "pressure"). With less gravity, the gases aren't going to be drawn as strongly to the surface of the planet, and their natural collisions are going to keep pushing them apart more effectively than Earth's higher gravity does... meaning the atmospheric pressure at the surface will be much less than at Earth, due to the gases "spreading out" due to lower gravity, creating less pressure. It will also mean the atmosphere will have a lower "pressure gradient" than on Earth, meaning it will be much thicker despite being smaller and lower pressure than Earth... (smaller due to a lower volume of gases surrounding the Moon, which is 1/4 Earth's diameter, and Mars, which is 1/3 Earth's diameter-- Earth's atmosphere consists of a shell of gases roughly 60 miles thick surrounding the planet, IOW, a hollow ball with the inner surface being the diameter of Earth itself, and the outer surface being roughly Earth's diameter +120 miles (60 miles on each side). The volume of such a hollow sphere is easily calculated mathematically. Earth's atmospheric standard pressure is 14.7 PSI at sea level, with 90% of Earth's atmosphere existing below 20 miles altitude, in a decreasing pressure gradient from the surface to the "edge of the atmosphere". In reality Earth's atmosphere extends far beyond 60 miles, in a region of increasingly thinning gases of the exosphere extending up at least several hundred miles-- regions that we would consider a 'vacuum' but in reality there is still stray atoms of gas that DO create drag-- which requires that ISS, Hubble, and anything else up there in "low Earth orbit" (LEO) receive periodic reboosts to overcome this drag, especially "fluffy" objects with lots of surface area for their mass, like hollow space stations and space telescopes, which lose momentum faster than smaller, denser objects like satellites with no or very little "empty volume" inside.)

So any "atmosphere" we create around the Moon or Mars will, by definition, be much lower surface pressure than Earth, and get thinner slower as it goes up, meaning it will be much "thicker" than Earth's atmosphere... (maybe extending up to well over 100 miles instead of essentially tapering off to "nothing" (so to speak) above 60 miles as Earth's atmosphere does. The Moon's lower gravity will be even worse in this respect than Mars, since lunar gravity is half Mars gravity...) Space suit pressures are commonly operated at 5 psi, roughly 1/3 the pressure at Earth's surface. Even establishing and maintaining a pressure on the surface of the Moon or Mars of 5 PSI will be an enormously difficult undertaking. In addition, just because you have an atmosphere, doesn't mean you can establish an "ecology", due to the fact that most plants and animals need a higher pressure to flourish... we can see "timber lines" above which trees won't grow and other ecological divisions based on temperature primarily on temperature, pressure, rainfall patterns, and other ecological and environmental factors.

Then there's rainfall... Even on Earth, with a "thick" atmosphere (high surface pressure, relatively speaking), areas without rainfall are largely devoid of life, what we call "deserts". For an example of what the Moon or Mars would look like without rainfall, look at the Atacama desert in South America... it's the driest place on Earth, and essentially devoid of life. Dry at the Atacama is, it's practically swimming in water compared to the surface of the Moon (and perhaps Mars) without rainfall. Cold, dry air cannot hold much water vapor, and at lower pressures this is especially true. So establishing reliable climatic conditions capable of producing sufficient rainfall to support "natural ecologies" without some form of irrigation will be difficult if not impossible.

Add all this together, and it looks like there's a lot of stuff that's been overlooked or "waved off" in the dreams of terraforming and establishing ecologies on the Moon and Mars...

Remember all the talk about “O’Neil” colonies? Enormous rotating cylinders orbiting Earth or hanging out at the Langrange Points?

Even the guy who conceptualized those things eventually had to admit they couldn’t actually be built and even if they could wouldn’t work.

Then there’s the “Bussard Ramjet” which got a lot of chatter back in the late ‘60s and throughout the ‘70s and early ‘80s. Neat idea except the density of interstellar hydrogen turned out to be a couple of orders of magnitude thinner than Robert Bussard believed it to be when he first proposed the idea.

But for the sake of argument let’s assume the science and engineering of Terraforming could be achieved. Does anybody realistically believe that any society/governing body/civilization/ economy could hold together long enough to accomplish a project that would take centuries to complete?

These pie in the sky ideas come and go and now in my mid 50s I’ve seen a bunch of them. Orion nuclear pulse propulsion to the stars!! Forty years to Alpha Centuri. This from the ‘60s

I'll believe it when I see it...

You're a dreamer and that's good, but the reality is, we aren't even capable of getting our own astronauts into space, let alone going to the Moon, let alone doing anything there, let alone doing anything MAJOR there, let alone doing anything as difficult as setting up a permanent outpost and starting ISRU, and terraforming is at least an order of magnitude more difficult than that.

So what I said is true... it cannot be done in our lifetimes. Even if it were STARTED in our lifetimes, which it won't be for the previously mentioned reasons, it would take centuries if not millennia to accomplish, and therefore by definition cannot be done in our lifetimes.

Given our "leadership" (of whatever stripe), we'll likely never see such "grand endeavors" anyway-- they're too short sighted to even set up and stand behind a program of basic exploration over the course of a few decades, let alone anything taking infinitely more in resources and money and taking centuries if not millennia of constant dedication and perseverance to achieve...

It's good to dream, to inspire to what MIGHT be possible... but unfortunately reality always falls far, FAR short of that... always has, always will.

You do realize I was not conveying much hope for the project...

Ever heard of the Cord automobile company? They made a great car. One of the most technically advanced vehicles of its day. When they went out of business they just sent everyone home and locked the doors. Salesmen overseas got a telegram that they were no longer employed and they had to return home on their own nickle.

All I can think of in this discussion is how some government builds a terraforming colony on the Moon or Mars and then because of budget cuts, disease, war, or something else, simply abandon those poor suckers a zillion miles from home.

Add all this together, and it looks like there's a lot of stuff that's been overlooked or "waved off" in the dreams of terraforming and establishing ecologies on the Moon and Mars...

The author, Gregory Benford, is a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of California–Irvine, so I would hope he is not just completely dealing in fantasy. Obviously, the issues you raised are all worthy of consideration, so I'm wondering if he has answers to these questions or if it has all just been "waved off." He does write science fiction, so this terraforming the moon idea might be more fanciful than serious, although he seems to present it seriously. I'd be curious to read more about the idea.

Here are a few biographical links for Gregory Benford:

https://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=2097

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Benford

https://www.gregorybenford.com/biography/

The author, Gregory Benford, is a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of California–Irvine, so I would hope he is not just completely dealing in fantasy. Obviously, the issues you raised are all worthy of consideration, so I'm wondering if he has answers to these questions or if it has all just been "waved off." He does write science fiction, so this terraforming the moon idea might be more fanciful than serious, although he seems to present it seriously. I'd be curious to read more about the idea.

Here are a few biographical links for Gregory Benford:

https://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=2097

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Benford

https://www.gregorybenford.com/biography/

That may be... not questioning his credentials and I don't need to see his resume...

There are LOTS of things that are "possible" that will never happen, for various reasons. I count this as one of them...

Wouldn't be the first time pie in the sky pure dreaming was presented as practically an accomplished fact, either... usually the more letters one has after their name, the more adept they are at presenting things as such...

You do realize I was not conveying much hope for the project...

No Shrox... sarcasm doesn't transmit particularly well across forum posts...

When you say "yes we can I have the artwork to prove it" and then go on to describe your work on the subject, is it sarcasm or a true belief on your part...

Not really interested in reading between the lines to find out...
Say what you mean, and mean what you say, then there's no doubt...

No Shrox... sarcasm doesn't transmit particularly well across forum posts...

When you say "yes we can I have the artwork to prove it" and then go on to describe your work on the subject, is it sarcasm or a true belief on your part...

Not really interested in reading between the lines to find out...
Say what you mean, and mean what you say, then there's no doubt...

Artwork proves nothing, it's vaporware. That's where I thought my silliness was apparent.

Artwork proves nothing, it's vaporware. That's where I thought my silliness was apparent.

Like I said... Sarcasm doesn't translate well on forums....

When you started talking about information that hey gave you and you mentioning something back, I thought you got some neat cutting edge research info or something to inform your artwork for greater accuracy or something....

I'll remember to take your posts with a grain of salt (or so) in the future...

Later! OL JR

That may be... not questioning his credentials and I don't need to see his resume...

There are LOTS of things that are "possible" that will never happen, for various reasons. I count this as one of them...

Wouldn't be the first time pie in the sky pure dreaming was presented as practically an accomplished fact, either... usually the more letters one has after their name, the more adept they are at presenting things as such...

In theory, many things are possible.
In reality, many things don’t work.

Back