Returning to rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepe

Reaction score
Been away from rockets for a while but I've decided to return.I tried static models for a while ,fun to build but then what do you do with them?Then I tried to turn a static model tank into R/C, total expensive failure. I heard through a friend of Semroc's sad ending and I started to realize how much I was missing the building and flying of my old rockets. This time I'm going to slow down ,work on just one at a time and enjoy the process(I really got to hate all the sanding). I think I'm going to start with Custom Rockets Equinox although a rocket called Cestris (not sure of the manufacturer) has also got me intrigued. I 'll have plenty of questions with either project that I'll post as I go along. Let me close by saying this is the best forum I've come across yet ,friendly helpful people that seem to keep a good sense of humor about them. God Bless and have a great day.

Joe Pepe

The Cestris is from Sirius rocketry. Welcome home!
"This time I'm going to slow down, work on just one at a time ..." That's what I said about 3 years ago. I have four under construction (2 kits, 2 scratch), one in paint, 2 under repair and about 25 in the build pile.
I still hate sanding. If most of the spirals and grain are gone, I'm happy. She'll fly just fine.

Been away from rockets for a while but I've decided to return.I tried static models for a while ,fun to build but then what do you do with them?Then I tried to turn a static model tank into R/C, total expensive failure. I heard through a friend of Semroc's sad ending and I started to realize how much I was missing the building and flying of my old rockets. This time I'm going to slow down ,work on just one at a time and enjoy the process(I really got to hate all the sanding). I think I'm going to start with Custom Rockets Equinox although a rocket called Cestris (not sure of the manufacturer) has also got me intrigued. I 'll have plenty of questions with either project that I'll post as I go along. Let me close by saying this is the best forum I've come across yet ,friendly helpful people that seem to keep a good sense of humor about them. God Bless and have a great day.

Joe Pepe

Welcome back Joe:
Don't overlook the fact you can convert many of those static plastic kits into fun flying creations.....including the Tanks. I have a 1/72 flying tank that is a hoot to fly and see all the reactions of the others on the field. Sure the jets and Rocket plastic models are convertible but it's really the Odd-Roc plastic conversions that catch the attention;)
Working on a Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet. and Trying to find a dodge van I can convert in to a flying DHL van from the TV commercial:)

Anyway Glad your returned to the Hobby. I think you've really hit on the secret. Slowing down and enjoying the building as well as the flying.
Have a blast

Joe Pepe

Welcome back. I tried plastic models way back and I generally failed miserably. Don't know why, but it just wasn't in the cards. Flying rockets on the other hand, well that's a different story!

Back