• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dr. Rocket / Cesaroni / Black Sky / PML items from my storage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman49

Reaction score
I've got several items which I've recovered from my indoor storage (while cleaning it out).

I live in the Toronto, Ontario, Canada... but would be willing to ship at cost if necessary to anyone in the
US/Canada who may be interested. Let me say upfront that I've been out of the hobby for some time now
and might use the incorrect 'lingo'...also some of these items *may* be obsolete and unusable now...that I'm
leaving up to you to know.

[ALL CASINGS/CLOSURES DR ROCKET AND CESARONI SOLD]
I have a set of almost un-used 54mm Dr. Rocket casings... I think the 2560 was fired a couple times.
54/652, 54/1280, 54/1706, and 54/2560 (all with S/N 1053 except the 2560 which is 328) - There are
1 forward threaded cap, 1 extended aft delay cap, 1 extended closed aft cap and 1 reg closed aft cap... I remember
there being a red anodized disk (but have been unable to locate).

I have totally unused Cesaroni Pro38 5 Grain case without the threaded end cap. 1 Pro54 5 Grain, and 1 2 Grain cases with 54 threaded cap.
I also have the delay 'cutter' unused in original plastic case. (sorry don't remember what the tool was called).

ELECTRONICS ALL SOLD

I also have 2 Black Sky products from a long time ago... 1 Blacksky AltAcc2C (unused in packaging), 1 Blacksky Timer2N (unused in packaging)

I also have 1 PML Co-Pilot Dual Deployment Recovery Altimeter (unused in bag)

I do have a yet unidentified OnBoard Computer from where I cannot remember, I'll be looking it up... Adept? OBC2..can't remember

[SLEETER BOOK SOLD]
There is alot of HPR backissues which I have from Alllllloooooooonnnnnnggggggg time ago, with very cool articles, pics, etc. These will be a problem
to ship due to weight.

Let me know if anyone has questions, and/or interested. We can try to arrange something.
And like I said please go easy on me - it's been a while and I may have said something totally stupid in this email... just laugh and
say "what a dork".

Sadly I have a fair number of Rockets in different states of construction which will be meeting the garbage bin (including a 5.5" Nike Smoke which
is not finished) I hat to do this but it's not really something that will ship easily...if there is anyone local to GTA (Greater Toronto Area) who'd like
to talk, send me an email.

Some pics attached

Thanks,

drrocket.JPG

pro38pro54.JPG

blacksky.JPG

pmlalt.JPG

obc.JPG

HPRMags.JPG

Book1.JPG

book2.JPG

Last edited:
Sent a PM about the AltAcc...You mentioned that we should e-mail you...can you post your e-mail?

PM for the CTI and Dr. Rocket.

Last edited:
Sent a PM about the AltAcc...You mentioned that we should e-mail you...can you post your e-mail?

Sorry totally missed that.... I will check the direct messages that I've got but please email if you wish.

rocketman49 <at> rogers.com

I don't recall any of the specifics of the altimeter ( other than it had 4 channels) but the one with the LCD screen is a FC-877 ( or something similar name)
It is not an Adept OBC2 as; I have one and they never had an LCD screen.
It was a company out of Canada selling them.
I was going to buy one but, ended up going in a different direction.

JD

I've got several items which I've recovered from my indoor storage (while cleaning it out).

I live in the Toronto, Ontario, Canada... but would be willing to ship at cost if necessary to anyone in the
US/Canada who may be interested. Let me say upfront that I've been out of the hobby for some time now
and might use the incorrect 'lingo'...also some of these items *may* be obsolete and unusable now...that I'm
leaving up to you to know.

[ALL CASINGS/CLOSURES DR ROCKET AND CESARONI SOLD PENDING SHIPPING ACCEPTANCE]
I have a set of almost un-used 54mm Dr. Rocket casings... I think the 2560 was fired a couple times.
54/652, 54/1280, 54/1706, and 54/2560 (all with S/N 1053 except the 2560 which is 328) - There are
1 forward threaded cap, 1 extended aft delay cap, 1 extended closed aft cap and 1 reg closed aft cap... I remember
there being a red anodized disk (but have been unable to locate).

I have totally unused Cesaroni Pro38 5 Grain case without the threaded end cap. 1 Pro54 5 Grain, and 1 2 Grain cases with 54 threaded cap.
I also have the delay 'cutter' unused in original plastic case. (sorry don't remember what the tool was called).

ELECTRONICS ALL SOLD PENDING SHIPPING COST ACCEPTANCE

I also have 2 Black Sky products from a long time ago... 1 Blacksky AltAcc2C (unused in packaging), 1 Blacksky Timer2N (unused in packaging)

I also have 1 PML Co-Pilot Dual Deployment Recovery Altimeter (unused in bag)

I do have a yet unidentified OnBoard Computer from where I cannot remember, I'll be looking it up... Adept? OBC2..can't remember

[SLEETER BOOK SOLD PENDING SHIPPING ACCEPTANCE]
There is alot of HPR backissues which I have from Alllllloooooooonnnnnnggggggg time ago, with very cool articles, pics, etc. These will be a problem
to ship due to weight.

Let me know if anyone has questions, and/or interested. We can try to arrange something.
And like I said please go easy on me - it's been a while and I may have said something totally stupid in this email... just laugh and
say "what a dork".

Sadly I have a fair number of Rockets in different states of construction which will be meeting the garbage bin (including a 5.5" Nike Smoke which
is not finished) I hat to do this but it's not really something that will ship easily...if there is anyone local to GTA (Greater Toronto Area) who'd like
to talk, send me an email.

Some pics attached

Thanks,

Wasn't the mystery altimeter made by a company called Olsen (sic), Some how the designation FC2 or something like that sort of sounds right.

It is an Olsen. They sold quickly. Based on the thread, he has 1-2-3-4-5 back sales if the first one does not pay.

No it isn't!
I had an Olsen and it only had 2 channels Al!
It is an FC-877!

I even found a pic on someone Flickr account even for those who can't search the internet:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rveale/7055200791/

https://www.ukrocketman.com/rocketry/altchart.shtml
compares all the altimeters that have been mentioned

Here's another write up done by Fred Azinger:
https://www.azinger.com/Freds-L3-Rocket.htm

Even one from our very own archives:
https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=12365

I'll take my $300, for consulting fee now ;)

JD

Wasn't the mystery altimeter made by a company called Olsen (sic), Some how the designation FC2 or something like that sort of sounds right.

Last edited:
Thanks. It looks similar to an olsen. You are absolutely correct. I forgot about the FC-877

Who made that altimeter?

Last edited:
They are sold :)

After looking up the information, the FC-877 may be the pick of the litter, we'll have to see what works and what doesn't.

I receive my CTI and Dr. Rocket casings and closures today, was a real pleasure to deal with Chris, very well packaging, fast shipping and very fast communication A++++++++++++++++++++

Awww... aren't you sweet. I hope you get good use out of those casings...

And yes now that the Altimeter is mentioned, FC-877 does ring a bell, and yes it was a pretty good spec'd device. I'm at a point in my life where I make/design PCBs like this for a living so I should give
it a go... I have no use for the device but it would be a fun task.

Chris

edit:
Ah here:
https://www.stephensonline.ca/ATHA/FC-877.html
https://www.coastrocketry.com/afc-877.htm

Last edited:
Chris,

I have managed to find the software and manual for the device. Let's see if it works when I get it and I'll see what I can do to help out.

...... I hope you get good use out of those casings...

I add them to my crowing collection

case1_zps4c163b7c.jpg

case2_zps08e35eb9.jpg

Dan,

As it appears there is confirmation of arrival on your end, wondered if everything checked out ok? Let me know so I feel that
the whole process is complete.

Chris

Crap, forgot to confirm on here.

Yes, received and happy. Thank you for the smooth deal!

Back