URRG Free July Club Launch and Family Picnic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry W

URRG Pres & Prefect
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
URRG Free July Club Launch and Family Picnic
Come Join our annual free launch weekend open to all to come Fly.
Sunday we will be Flying and having our picnic The club will be supplying Eats and Drinks but we never turn down a pass around dish if you would like to bring one.

Standing 15000' waiver with 24500' call ins.

Saturday July 19, 2014 and Sunday July 20, 2014 all day

4270 State Highway 364
Penn Yan, NY 14527
USA

Last edited:
WOW
Is that tempting............

I'n not kidding,,,
I had such a wonderful time there.....
And your waiver,,,,,,

Teddy

I contemplated going, but I will not be joining you. It's a long day trip (422 miles round trip) and I'm not able to devote two days and a hotel stay to this launch. Not to mention that I have pretty much broken or lost all of my regular fliers, so I'm going to spend some quality time in the machine shop this coming weekend!

Hope you all have fun!

Oh I had all kinds of rockets and motors ready to go for this weekend. Then the "boss" informed me we would be camping with my brother in law.

Good news is I believe the Aug launch lands on my weekend off.... so as long as I don't get forced to work it..... I'm gonna punch all the APCP left in my box into the sky. I've got a K1100 leftover from URRF that wants to tear a hole in the sky.

I'm with Dan P. Nothing I would love more than to come with the family and enjoy flying and picnicking. But we are 300 miles away, and the cost is just prohibitive. But I am anxiously awaiting URRF III!

Let me tell you guys the crops in the back have not grown AT ALL, not sure why but it is great for us! So far the weather guessers are on our side, if their guess holds true This will be a Glorious weekend of flying! Don't forget it is BOTH DAYS the free food is Sunday!

If you do come, PLEASE drive slowly!

photo taken yesterday! the range is WIDE OPEN!
View attachment 177806

WOWWWWWW.....
That field is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill,,,,,
That was a really cheap shot........... lol
Totally uncalled for............
That was completely unnecessary to torture everyone with a pic
of a field that you can almost see to the horizon............. lol

I'm cryin my eyes out..................... lol

Teddy

We have 5 range heads on torrey farms depending on the crops but the back field has very low yield that is why they allow us to fly there all summer. Until recently the back field was just scruff they sold for hay, now they try to grow beans or barley on it, normally by now there is growth but this year they must have a bad batch of seed or something because it is really not looking good, even in the good areas. Sad

That is sad,, Bill...
At Radical Rocketeers we try to do everything we can
to help the farmer make a buck...
We go so far as to volunteer time in the early spring to help out around the farm...

Teddy

Back