So what does your range box look like?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTH28890

Reaction score
Here is mine. The NARTREK Browns and silver stickers are from Mark at stickershock. DSCN0649.jpgDSCN0648.jpgDSCN0647.jpg

Range boxes. #1 15x18x24 motors only, #2 12x12x 24 hardware and related, #3 12x18x24 chutes, harnesses, and tools

Mine too! Same colour-different wheels, minus the very scary looking yellow rocket! The second seat is a PITA to remove!
I am slowly learning I don't have to take EVERYTHING with me, so I'm down to 3 range boxes. 1) Mostly prep stuff for motors and hardware plus field repair items most likely needed. Soldering gun (butane) Lion drill and bits. Wind gage, compass, stopwatch, ohm meter. 2) recovery (bag) includes a variety of chutes chosen based on the birds I'm bringing, extra harnesses, nomex, dog barf, etc. 3) deployment-ematches, bp, scales, centrifuge tubes, tape, extra switches, trackers, batteries, av bay extras with altimeter swap outs. Then if I have to camp out- the kitchen sink and the entire sporting goods dept. from Costco. If I'm lucky I have room for an Astron Alpha....

Tom,

You should name it the Little Deuce Coup

So many rockets, so little time, and money.

mine got organized due to the table it was on tipping over while at the range during a windstorm. After I got the mess home I had to sit down and clean it up.

Here are my range boxes:
Red box is BP and AP motors and reloads.
DSCN2735.jpgDSCN2734.jpg

Green box is tools and everything to fix repair and get them up!
DSCN2736.jpgDSCN2738.jpg

Then the good 'ole Estes range box, this was a $2.00 screaming deal from the Goodwill!
DSCN2739.jpgDSCN2740.jpg

I have built 3 rockets out of it, plus many field repairs for others out of the parts in it, including Fred Garvin here on TRF!
DSCN2742.jpg
Plus this little jewel was in there also.

Last edited:
Back in '88 when I started out I used a Plano tackle box and kept the cardboard Estes ROB at home to store extra supplies. This box eventually re-entered service as a tackle box and is still in use at my in-law's house.

When I got back into the hobby I appropriated my wife's college art supply box. I tend to travel light at this point, and everything fits nicely. Thought about reusing the old box, but I figured the pungent smell of pork rind and jelly worms may not go over well at the range.

Back