Favorite Rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went through some of my Books again and have decided that I can't make up my mind to choose a Favorite.
I guess I owe a Debt. of Gratitude to the Patriot Missile for the Early Days of OIF when I was in Kuwait.
My least favorite Rocket is definitely the 107mm Rockets that came without warning often in Camp Junction City in Iraq.

Soviet R7 .......in many ways its the daddy of them all. Launched Sputnik and Gagarin and its, with upgrades, flying today.

Bloodhound as a military missile, its design was so clever.

Kits...has to be the TLP Perseus II..big, bold, flys like a real missile, majestic take offs and straight as an arrow flights.

The Little Joe II.

Specifically round A-004, the final test flight.

It has an Apollo Capsule, Service Module, Escape Tower and most importantly...FINS!

And it's even a cluster!

What more do you need?

...a good set of plans for a Little Joe in BT80(I have a SEMROC nosecone and no plans I can find). Don't want a Redstone, so many of them out there. Little Joe is a cluster, too, one that would be good for a 9 motor cluster of 1 24mm, 4 18mm, and 4 13mm motors.

Wheeee, lots of fun :happydeer:

A real favorite is the Black Brant ll. I got a free set of fins for a BT70 version. Bought their tailcone, it's sized for a 29mm motormount. I've got the BT70 and 29mm tubing. Everything else I need to build one...but I need a sandman conical to fit :p Gordon, I'll be sending you the specs for the cone plus another order for a high speed cone about the same size next month, Von Karmen or whoever "they" say is the best for hypersonic flight(Predictions of Mach 4).

Most flown; Estes Bull Pup. I notice it's been a fav of many. Fast turnarounds, good flier on almost any motor, high visibility, and just looks cool finished in military livery. :)

Sent a Graduator up on a G80 for yet another great flight (that rocket is like a good work truck). for purdy rockets I would go with the Lazer X or Taurus.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123
[email protected]

In the real world, I'd probably say the AIM-9 Sidewinder or X-15.

In the model world, my Estes Voyager II has always been very reliable.

Back