Favorite Rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alethins

Reaction score
Do any of you have a favorite rocket from history? My absolute favorite ever no matter what anyone says is the Saturn V! I would love to get my hands on some of the Estes kits!

My fave mid-high power is the LOC Graduator. I have built and flown numerous ones. Flys great on D to baby I.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123
[email protected]

I understand the original question to be about a rocket from history. I suppose for me that would be the Honest John. It is a favorite subject for models.

Oppps, needed to retract my original post. I thought we are talking about kits.

Well, the Saturn 1B is my favorite :)

Last edited:
I'd have to give a shout out to the Chinese for figuring out how to make them in the first place... So, I'd choose the First rocket

My favorite historical/full scale rocket would have to be the Nike Smoke

Favorite kit is the National Aerospace Plane, I think from quest (the version with balsa fins based around an actual body tube, not the version with card stock around a body tube)

Favorite kit is the National Aerospace Plane, I think from quest (the version with balsa fins based around an actual body tube, not the version with card stock around a body tube)

The only kit of knew of with that name was this Estes kit:
estes-national%20aerospace%20plane%202037-facecard.jpg

Hmmm...

The Redstone and Shuttle for man rated flights.

The Bomarc for military missiles.

The Little Joe II.

Specifically round A-004, the final test flight.

It has an Apollo Capsule, Service Module, Escape Tower and most importantly...FINS!

And it's even a cluster!

What more do you need?

Top 3 for me are..

1. Saturn V (Hands Down) (Most notably Apollo 11 1969)
2. Mercury Freedom 7 Redstone 3 (Alan Shepard 1st American in space)
3. V2 (From whence the others came)

Last edited:
Gemini Titan. It was a major refinement of design principles from Mercury and made the Apollo program successful. The Gemini missions figured out how to solve an awful lot of problems that Apollo would have to tackle, especially maneuvering and rendezvous in orbit.

I love the V2 design....I love one of my first low powered rockets, its a Quest Nike K.

Definitely the Phoenix AIM. So beefy, so intimidating...would love to have the MADCOW 4" !! My ultimate dream is a Phoenix scratch build with a 8" airframe !! Someone catch me lol....

Favorite rocket -Saturn 1b all the way for me....there is just something mean and nasty about the way that clustered first stage looks! I like the white tank versions used for the Skylab missions and ASTP the best.

Favorite kit- Dr. Zooch Saturn 1b. I love that kit!

I would say my favorite rockets, both full size and models are:
The Saturn V.
The Robert Goddard L-13 (a very modern looking rocket from 1937!, and a good looking kit from FilKits.)
The Nike Smoke.
The IQSY Tomahawk.

My all time favorite is any one I build, launch and recover in one piece.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of sounding rockets. So my favorites are the Black Brant II, and the D-Region Tomahawk.

Mike

I have several favorites...

Saturn 1B
RIM-66 Standard Missile /AGM-78 ARM
AIM-54 Phoenix

Starship Vega (Citation version)
WAC Corporal
BSD THOR
Black Brant

My fave mid-high power is the LOC Graduator. I have built and flown numerous ones. Flys great on D to baby I.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123
[email protected]

Yes, my very first mid-power rocket was the LOC Graduator. I still have it, although it's not flyable at the moment. :(

Favorite historical rocket: Saturn 1B (It could be no other).

Favorite model rocket: this is a hard one but toss up between the Estes Citation Patriot, the Estes Blue Bird Zero, and the FSI Orbit.
These are always must haves in my collection.

Historically, here is my top 5:

Saturn 5
V-2
Bumper WAC
Nike Smoke
Delta 4 Heavy (I started designing a four inch tube version- should get back to that)

Kits:

Most things Dynacom
Shadow Shock Value
Extreme Wildman
Loc Graduator
Alpha

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back