2.6" Viper pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
I know the entire back story of the ex-vendor who offered up this 2.6" viper kit. Here's the story for this particular kit. I bought it from somebody who signed up for the 4" kit. When the whole s**t with the 4" prepaids not being delivered started to go down, I contacted the old owner and offered to simply send it back and reverse the deal. He declined so I built it. It was a pretty enjoyable build even though my usual procrastination and short attention span pushed off completion.

It's maiden flight will be at Airfest this year. I'm thinking about a Sparky or Dark Matter I.

Now that it's done, I realized I didn't paint the silver bands around the booster tubes. I don't think I'll end up going back and doing it - I'm lazy. Here's a couple of pics of it along with it's smaller 168% upscale built from Excelsior's plans & decals (yes, I messed that one up too, you can criticize if you want.)

I'm sorry to all those who were scr*d with the 4" situation. This thread is meant to be a celebration of a rocket. If you want to complain about this vendor please resurrect one of the 3 other threads for that purpose.

Kevin

IMG_20140305_201208_751.jpgIMG_20140305_201136_669.jpg

I know the entire back story of the ex-vendor who offered up this 2.6" viper kit. Here's the story for this particular kit. I bought it from somebody who signed up for the 4" kit. When the whole s**t with the 4" prepaids not being delivered started to go down, I contacted the old owner and offered to simply send it back and reverse the deal. He declined so I built it. It was a pretty enjoyable build even though my usual procrastination and short attention span pushed off completion.

It's maiden flight will be at Airfest this year. I'm thinking about a Sparky or Dark Matter I.

Now that it's done, I realized I didn't paint the silver bands around the booster tubes. I don't think I'll end up going back and doing it - I'm lazy. Here's a couple of pics of it along with it's smaller 168% upscale built from Excelsior's plans & decals (yes, I messed that one up too, you can criticize if you want.)

I'm sorry to all those who were scr*d with the 4" situation. This thread is meant to be a celebration of a rocket. If you want to complain about this vendor please resurrect one of the 3 other threads for that purpose.

Kevin

View attachment 177270View attachment 177271

WOW... DROOOL

Now I am upset about the 4" kits again... LOL

you gotta let me post one of those picks up on my website beautiful!

Thanks. The vinyl was really easy to apply.

If the pic from here isn't good enough or can't be downloaded, I'll email you a copy. I plan on getting some action shots when it flies.

Kevin

you gotta let me post one of those picks up on my website beautiful!

Mark, On second thought, let me take a picture which isn't out of focus :)

Kevin

Thanks. The vinyl was really easy to apply.

If the pic from here isn't good enough or can't be downloaded, I'll email you a copy. I plan on getting some action shots when it flies.

Kevin

Back